Where are the bendy arms on toon rig?

Go to solution Solved by everfresh,

Heya,

I've setup a toon rig in r23, in the demo videos it has bendy arms, but i cant access these controls. where are they? its driving me nuts! I've found a check box for 'hide_advanced_bend_ctrls' in the character>controls attributes - and disabling it makes some new spline controls appear, but theyre locked. and even if i unlock their PSR, they dont effect the rig at all

• Solution

you need to scale the elbow/knee controllers and advanced bend controls in local z (object mode, don‘t use model mode to scale anything in a rig)) to get the tangents for the bends, then you rotate for the angle... don‘t unlock the positions for the advanced bend controls , there‘s a reason i‘ve locked them 😉 i recommend watching the tutorials to save you trouble like this.

Thanks so much for your reply! never imagined the creator of the rig would read this 😄

Even now I understand the controls, I think it might be a more serious issue? I've made a little video for you to check out. When you switch between IK and FK, that control deforms the rig in a weird way. and scaling /rotating it doesn't make the limb bend. you can see its having some very minor effect but thats it. This is a fresh rig ive setup just to test this, i havent touched any skinning, its all default. I wasnt able to find the tutorial videos you were talking about, could you provide a link?

Thanks for your help.