Volume Mesher Visibility

I have multiple Volume Meshers doing different things, becoming visible at different times courtesy the Visible In Editor/Renderer switches.

I needed to Volume Mesh a few of the “sub” Meshers into one new mesh, but the Visibility for the sub Meshers is no longer being respected - each is now already ‘on’ from the beginning of the timeline.

What's the best practice for showing / hiding Volume Meshes?

Thanks,

Marc

I don't think that's possible. I was hoping that if you don't make the sub-setups children of the top level VB and just referenced them instead that would work, but it doesn't; as soon as they go under a new VB they lose their individual identity within it, and with it their ability to be turned off. And I'm afraid to say, unless someone can jump in with something I may have missed or am unaware of,  I think that's you out of options without rethinking that whole setup.

CBR

Quick update for those curious ... using a Null and scaling didn't quite work because some of the Meshers had a Dilate applied, so mesh was generated at the radius of the dliate around the (zero size) Null.

In the end I opted for Position, instead ....  quantum leaping my objects from behind the camera to in front of the camera with step key frames.  This way, they could dilate all they wanted.

Marc

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community