Loaded image in UV editor disappears from model when making edits

Go to solution Solved by Guest Igor,

I’ve got a basic building with a texture imported into the uv editor from file>open texture. I’ve cube projected the building and am working in the uv edit mode in r23.

I can see the image on the viewport mesh while sliding around uvs, however as shown in the second images once I switch to the knife tool or make any changes to the model the texture disappears. Am I able to keep the image on the model whilst making mesh
changes?
image.png.41e458ab92f6ca9cb2a87b3be0240736.png
image.png.fc1b40a9c93446f217d45f95bb865a59.png

Guest Igor

Could you upload a scene file with the textures (Save Project with Asset) ?

I've just tested this out quickly on a basic cube and it works fine.

image.png

yep, I think it might be different since I'm using an image loaded in as a texture into the uv editor. Cheers I've attached the project file

building test.c4d

image.png.b0d8a407c65573f37f1998a5d87781fd.pngthis is what it looks like on my screen at the moment, the image is loaded in but not applied as a material yet, so I can still slide around uvs and such

• Solution

Yea, you need to have material tag assigned to the object. With just loading the texture, things not gonna work.

Ah dont worry, we all been there. :cowboypistol:

Its easy, just create new material, and inside Color channel, load a texture here

image.png

Once you done that, select Material Tag and use projection that fits the most to your needs...

image.png

You might run into more issue and get even more confused. Unfortunately I can record a video right now as I am not beside my working machine and its kinda super late here. So if you still have some issues, let me know and Ill try to help you tomorrow.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community