Hi all

I really hope there is an answer to this little problem im having with a certain UV's. I have modelled a simple packaging pouch and have UV unwrapped it already once to work with a clients image. They came back and have asked me to amend the model which is fair enough but now when I unwrap the model certain parts of the model are splitting away from the main area. Im attaching the scene file and a screen shot which shows the part i mean. Hopefully someone can help me with this little one.

Cheers in advance

Lang

Yep, the remodelling presumably changed the point count / values, which of course breaks the UVs. So you simply have to do them again...

I assume that as you did them the first time, you already know how to do them again ?! OR you could spend the time to terrace your torn off islands back into place, but that will almost certainly take longer than doing them again.

CBR

Thanks Cerbera. I did as you say and re did the cuts etc because I had to make some reasonable changes to the mesh. I cut it up and used selection tags to isolate the parts I just needed but when I went through exactly the same process as the first time its doing what you see now?? Cant work it out. I think I pretty much tried staring from a new UV tag too but that didn't help either. Have you got any suggestions that might help? The idea of terracing the parts into the missing sections is a bit of a no no as if you look closer its not just the bigger parts that are missing, its a bit if a mare.

Lang

Not sure there ARE any special tips for this !

You haven't said what the process you went through actually is, and of course we don't know what the difference between this and the original model is, so very challenging to know what is different this time, or why it might be unwrapping differently.

But if you have made your selections carefully enough (and hidden the polys as you go so you can check none remain unmapped) then the standard procedure of lining up an orthographic view, doing a frontal projection, and then LSCM relaxing should get you what you need fairly painlessly...

I got a decent unwrap of it very quickly in R24, using only tools you have back in R20...

CBR

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community