Insydium Sneak Peek - xpBullet | Fused Discussion

Is it correct to think that if you pay for yearly Fuse maintenance it costs $262/year (US) and if you use the subscription it is $508/year - but you get the same stuff? Why would a person choose subscription and pay almost double for the same thing?

Except weirdly X-Particles is NOT listed as being included in the yearly maintenance even though it describes it as having access to all the tools (probably just a typo).

And if I convert my current XP license to Fuse do I gain access to all the tools right now, and then continue to pay yearly maintenance - or does that swap it to subscription?

They could have done a better job of explaining this.

• Igor changed the title to Insydium Sneak Peek - xpBullet | Fused Discussion
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You´ll find premium training in your account since it´s product you´ve bought before introducing Fused.   Info from FAQ ------   What happens when my INSYDIUM Fused Maintenanc

Too bad Maxon isn't innovating as much as Insydium is. Very impressive. One thing that caught my eye is the lack of jitter in those collisions. Maybe there are more settings to be adjusted than they s

looks awesome... with all those additions lately xp is starting to look pretty attractive again.... might re-activate my maintenance again.

Posted Images

"Is it correct to think that if you pay for yearly Fuse maintenance it costs $262/year (US) and if you use the subscription it is $508/year - but you get the same stuff? Why would a person choose subscription and pay almost double for the same thing? "

Because you have to own a permanent licence to get the maintenance price. Many of us jumped on earlier & cheaper, but a brand new Fusion 'permanent' (only XP is permanent really) costs £816 including VAT here - so that's the cost of entry to the cheaper yearly maintenance price. Although I imagine that as usual, Black Friday will be the time to pick up a new licence / maintenance if you're after them.

Sorry, still a bit confused about this.

I have perpetual XP under a current maintenance agreement. So I believe my current annual agreement is £180 (+vat). So this is the price I qualify for if I move to Fused annual maintenance?

It's just that the Fused annual subscription is much pricier, that and at the end of the Fused maintenance page it says -" Note: this is not a Fused license." Am I just fortunate the I have an existing perpetual / maintenance?

1 hour ago, iSiXiSi said:

Sorry, still a bit confused about this.

I have perpetual XP under a current maintenance agreement. So I believe my current annual agreement is £180 (+vat). So this is the price I qualify for if I move to Fused annual maintenance?

It's just that the Fused annual subscription is much pricier, that and at the end of the Fused maintenance page it says -" Note: this is not a Fused license." Am I just fortunate the I have an existing perpetual / maintenance?

I think if you are currently under maintenance, then you get Fused now -- no additional cost.  But after that maintenance expires, then cost to renew annual maintenance does increase from £180 to £190 (if I did my USD to £ conversions correctly).

The only big change for any current Insydium customer currently under maintenance is that you Cycles perpetual license will convert to subscription at some point.  XP perpetual licenses will stay as perpetual.

Still trying to figure it all out as there are a few scenarios as I outlined previously with Cycles that have yet to be addressed, but I think the above is true.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

8 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

I think if you are currently under maintenance, then you get Fused now -- no additional cost.  But after that maintenance expires, then cost to renew annual maintenance does increase from £180 to £190 (if I did my USD to £ conversions correctly).

You can directly switch the currency on the Buy page, and for pound it still say 180. (Now this is a current price and no indication that it will not be raised in the future but it seems for now 180 pounds is correct.) For pure XP users, Fuse does not make a difference as XP itself stays perpetual (again: for now, and sadly the Cycles example shows that Insydium cannot be taken by their word, and we must reckon that XP goes subscription only in the future too).

For pure Cycles users, this is a catastrophe, as you now lose the perpetual-ness AND have to pay for the full XP package.

52 minutes ago, Cairyn said:

For pure Cycles users, this is a catastrophe, as you now lose the perpetual-ness AND have to pay for the full XP package.

I think Cycles4D  perpetual licence will remain users which bought it before Fused. But in time when expire Cycles4D maintenance contract can not be updated to newest version other way then switching to Fused. (at least that's how I understood it)

Maybe would be very nice think from Insydium give these users some special offer to conversion to Fused since there will not be other way how to update their perpetual Cycles4D licencies.

17 minutes ago, bezo said:

I think Cycles4D  perpetual licence will remain users which bought it before Fused. But in time when expire Cycles4D maintenance contract can not be updated to newest version other way then switching to Fused. (at least that's how I understood it)

Maybe would be very nice think from Insydium give these users some special offer to conversion to Fused since there will not be other way how to update their perpetual Cycles4D licencies.

At least one user in this thread claimed that the Cycles Perpetual remained after conversion to Fused, yes. However: That version (even if it stays valid; I haven't seen a hint on the Insydium pages about this situation) is no longer upgradable (it definitely says so in my account for the original Cycles license that I paid for), so it will lose value very quickly: definitely no CyclesX, maybe losing compatibility with future C4D and even XParticles versions. Perpetuals (with running maintenance) are only superior to subscriptions when you voluntarily decide to drop out of the program altogether; I didn't actually want to do that so for me, Cycles4D has just been pulled out under my feet. They might as well have discontinued it altogether.

Thinking about it, maybe that is what they are doing. I suppose Cycles4D didn't sell as well as they hoped, so it's now being phased out. We'll see whether making it subscription only will be followed by dropping it from the "maintenance extras" list. I guess you cannot force a company to continue a product when it is not profitable, but personally I am lividly furious, as I am now left without any suitable renderer.

A special offer for Fused for Cycles4D-only users that don't need or want XParticles will be weak consolation, as the price of a Fused maintenance/subscription would come close to a Redshift subscription. -- Then again, maybe there aren't even any pure Cycles users. Only Insydium would know. But it would certainly explain why they so disregard this user group.

4 hours ago, Cairyn said:

...for me, Cycles4D has just been pulled out under my feet. They might as well have discontinued it altogether.

Thinking about it, maybe that is what they are doing. I suppose Cycles4D didn't sell as well as they hoped, so it's now being phased out. We'll see whether making it subscription only will be followed by dropping it from the "maintenance extras" list. I guess you cannot force a company to continue a product when it is not profitable, but personally I am lividly furious, as I am now left without any suitable renderer.

I think that is a very real possibility.  Remember that there was a long pause in Cycles 4D development because (unfortunately) the lead developer was out of the picture for a year due to illness.  Thankfully, I think she/he is back but that gap may have put Cycles 4D a bit behind that could have impacted its sales and stunted its growth at a time when Maxon is purchasing Redshift, and Octane is working with Embergen.

As I think about it...and this is pure speculation but with a positive spin.....I have to imagine that Insydium is focusing on porting XP to be GPU enabled and as the Cycles 4D developer has that experience with writing GPU enabled software (as Cycles is GPU enabled), they decided that is where they are putting the resource.  As such, they are evaluating whether or not Cycles 4D is worth the extra investment of hiring another person to continually keep it current.  I would imagine...probably not.   

But a big factor in all of this is (again, pure speculation but something that makes a huge amount of sense to me) is that XP is under threat from Embergen and Embergen is tightly integrated with Octane.  Embergen is GPU enabled and super fast.  XP is tightly integrated with Cycles 4D and...not so fast.   More people use Octane than Cycles 4D.  So from an Insydium perspective they had two cap-stone products: XP and Cycles 4D.   XP is doing well, Cycles 4D is not.  Now, XP is under threat from Embergen.  That is not a good position to be in for any company.  So Insydium needs more products (thus Meshtools and Terraform) to sell to insure that they have the funds to support XP development to be GPU supported and (hopefully) tighter integration with a more mainstream GPU renderer than Cycles 4D.  My guess is Redshift as they have a good relationship with Maxon.  Now, as Meshtools and Terraform took shape, I am sure they evaluated how much revenue they would generate if sold as separate plugins and deduced not enough to keep XP development going.  But...if bundled with a bunch of other goodies as part of a subscription plan then that could get people over the hump of moving into a re-occurring revenue model, especially for those who let their existing maintenance plans laps (which I imagine is more than you would think given their very generous 24 month allowance for lapsed licenses).

So do or die for Insydium is to get XP to be GPU enabled and tightly integrated with Redshift to the same level as they had it integrated with Cycles 4D.  Cycles 4D made sense in 2016 when it was the least expensive GPU enabled renderer for C4D at the time...but subscription models have changed all that with monthly purchasing.

So Cycles 4D is an "okay" product to have but honestly, brings nothing to the table for Insydium in the face of what C4D users can get from Octane or Redshift.  So it is an albatross now and that is why they are no longer selling any more perpetual licenses.  I do not think it is because of some subversive plot to push people to subscription but rather an easing of the pain when they discontinue development on it all together...thus the bundling with all the other goodies in Fused.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.