Insydium Subscription | Cycles | Fused Discussion

Guest Igor

Yeah, for me this is a bit of a bonus, I had X-Particles & Cycles but now I get all the rest & it looks like maintenance cost will be similar or even cheaper.

It's also smart of them - I don't do enough Mograph/ FX work to justify X-Particles really & had been thinking of dropping it & just keeping cycles. The fact that I get a few other plugins (& TerraformFX is one I can put to use straight away), means I might reconsider that decision.

It seems Fuse is a hybrid between perpetual and subscription (maintenance). X-Particles is perpetual, whereas Cycles 4D (and everything else you get) is only available as long as you keep your maintenance up to date. For most users, I suppose this will be a no-brainer with X-Particles being the most interesting product, and everything on top is a bonus. But I have a Cycles 4D perpetual license and I wonder what will happen to this one once I convert my X-Particles license to Fuse to get access to the newest build.

When you buy a perpetual INSYDIUM Fused license, you will receive access to digital downloads of the latest Fused Collection plugin Builds, including X-Particles via your Customer Account.

A perpetual license comes with a 12-month Maintenance Agreement, giving access to the below benefits:

• Additional INSYDIUM plugins TerraformFX, MeshTools, and Cycles 4D
  • 3D Resources
  • Updates and historic builds
  • Premium and Maintenance Training videos
  • Access to Technical Support
  • Exclusive Content Repository files

After 12 months, your Maintenance expires and you will retain access to the newest X-Particles Build released by that date only.

To continue to access the other INSYDIUM Fused items, including Updates, a new Maintenance Agreement would need to be purchased.

For more information on Maintenance Agreements, visit our Maintenance product page.

I think the actual losers in this would be Cycles Perpetual owners who don't have/ aren't interested in any of the rest - assuming Insydium no longer want to sell them maintenance. Actually, the question of Cycles permanent licenses is the big questionmark here in general.

1 hour ago, Decade said:

It's offered on the My Accounts page, which won't load as their server is getting hammered, but I saw it earlier.

Few quotes I grabbed from their site & FAQ

"

If you have an active Subscription or a license in its Maintenance Period – Convert to Fused now.

If your license is in its Reactivation or Last Chance Period, you can buy a new Fused Maintenance Agreement."

"

Converting your existing X-Particles license to INSYDIUM Fused will give you access to the full Collection at no extra cost. 

Please note that only Subscription licenses and perpetual licenses within their Maintenance Period are eligible for conversion."

Okay...the server finally came back up for me.  This is what I am NOT hearing:

What happens if I convert to a fused license and then decide NOT to renew my annual maintenance?  In essence, by buying into the increased services with Fused am I giving up my perpetual licenses for subscription licenses?

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

I converted my XP license to Fuse. I now have two licenses in my account: Fuse and my perpetual Cycles 4D. So it seems Cycles perpetual is not affected. I now have apparently two Cycles licenses, one standalone and one included in Fuse.

What is interesting is that when I go to my account page, my Cycles license is gone.  Only my XP license is shown.  So they just can't take away my Cycles perpetual license!! That is just not right.

Their FAQ section on Fuse (which is well hidden) mentions nothing about Cycles perpetual licenses.  So how can they legally do that when my current maintenance agreement which lasts through 2022 applies to my perpetual licenses for both Cycles and XP?

I know Daniel know has two Cycles licenses, so it appears that his perpetual is intact after conversion but they really need to put that in writing in the FAQ section.

Dave

3 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

What is interesting is that when I go to my account page, my Cycles license is gone.  Only my XP license is shown.  So they just can't take away my Cycles perpetual license!! That is just not right.

Their FAQ section on Fuse (which is well hidden) mentions nothing about Cycles perpetual licenses.  So how can they legally do that when my current maintenance agreement which lasts through 2022 applies to my perpetual licenses for both Cycles and XP?

I know Daniel know has two Cycles licenses, so it appears that his perpetual is intact after conversion but they really need to put that in writing in the FAQ section.

Dave

I thought my Cycles license was gone, too. But actually the license field is a dropdown, and you'll see the second entry (for Cycles) when you drop.

Nevertheless. The button to convert to Fuse is very prominent and very seductive, but the small print clearly says that Cycles, Terraform, and Mesh are only available for users with a valid maintenance, making them subscriptions. You cannot buy Cycles separately any more, and you cannot buy further maintenance for Cycles. Even if you keep your perpetual Cycles in addition (and I am not sure whether that is intended, or just a glitch, as I have not found it documented anywhere), that version cannot be updated and will quickly become obsolete or even nonfunctional if you intend to stay on the latest Cinema version. So, unless you want to drop out now, that perpetual Cycles is not doing you any good.

(Same, actually, for Terraform; I bought a version before it was sold to Insydium, but I cannot update/upgrade it in the future, unless I buy into the subscription shame.)

For subscription fans, or users who only had a XParticles license before, this is all great. For all others it's another nail in the coffin.

(And I'm not even sure how you buy new Cycles render seats now, if you have a local render farm. Buy a complete Fuse set for every... what was it, three render nodes? Since separate Cycles licenses are not available...?)

2 hours ago, Cairyn said:

I thought my Cycles license was gone, too. But actually the license field is a dropdown, and you'll see the second entry (for Cycles) when you drop.

Nevertheless. The button to convert to Fuse is very prominent and very seductive, but the small print clearly says that Cycles, Terraform, and Mesh are only available for users with a valid maintenance, making them subscriptions. You cannot buy Cycles separately any more, and you cannot buy further maintenance for Cycles. Even if you keep your perpetual Cycles in addition (and I am not sure whether that is intended, or just a glitch, as I have not found it documented anywhere), that version cannot be updated and will quickly become obsolete or even nonfunctional if you intend to stay on the latest Cinema version. So, unless you want to drop out now, that perpetual Cycles is not doing you any good.

(Same, actually, for Terraform; I bought a version before it was sold to Insydium, but I cannot update/upgrade it in the future, unless I buy into the subscription shame.)

For subscription fans, or users who only had a XParticles license before, this is all great. For all others it's another nail in the coffin.

(And I'm not even sure how you buy new Cycles render seats now, if you have a local render farm. Buy a complete Fuse set for every... what was it, three render nodes? Since separate Cycles licenses are not available...?)

Cariyn,

I see that now. Thanks for pointing out the Cycles license was in a drop down.  So I have maintenance on both Cycles and XP until 12/2022.  Therefore, regardless of what Fuse gives you I should be eligible under the maintenance program to get new releases of XP and Cycles.  But right now, when I click on the download button I can only get up to Release 895 and NOT 1030.   Plus there is NO download capability for Cycles. This is NOT what the FAQ page says:

image.png.f9ec315a2f57049228488b2bf6d7d1b6.png

Not true....build 1030 is not even on the list:

image.png.e5d3a500414df7221239db556af9b08f.png

This is what they say about Cycles:

image.png.e3f6c4bfa2956ed6e6682915665e734d.png

But the Cycles download button is not even available as the whole window is greyed out.  

image.png.25622fc558362bf0b81c3173149ce791.png

Sorry...can't download like you said.  

So something is not right.  Yes...another nail in the coffin.  Trust me......C4D R25 is going subscription in September.  I just feel it in my bones given what is going on with Redshift and now Insydium

Dave

Dave, the Cycles download button is available as soon as you select Cycles in the dropdown menu. Build 550 (the one from the last release) is currently the latest Cycles perpetual build. I don't know if Cycles received an update with this release anyways.

Last year, I also purchased the premium training. I hope this will not be taken away either once my maintenance lapses...

You´ll find premium training in your account since it´s product you´ve bought before introducing Fused.

Info from FAQ

------

What happens when my INSYDIUM Fused Maintenance Agreement expires?

If your INSYDIUM Fused Maintenance Agreement expires and you do not renew, you will retain access to the latest X-Particles Build released by this date and lose access to all other items in the INSYDIUM Fused Collection. 

Any extras purchased prior to the introduction of INSYDIUM Fused will also remain available. 

------

...and there are also few another questions about licencing, maintenance etc...

https://insydium.ltd/support-home/faqs/?q=fused

2 hours ago, Daniel Seebacher said:

Dave, the Cycles download button is available as soon as you select Cycles in the dropdown menu. Build 550 (the one from the last release) is currently the latest Cycles perpetual build. I don't know if Cycles received an update with this release anyways.

Last year, I also purchased the premium training. I hope this will not be taken away either once my maintenance lapses...

Wow...I must have been having a tough day.  

Nevertheless - I still cannot download the latest licenses unless I sign up for Fuse.  That just doesn't "feel" right for anyone under standard maintenance but I can understand Insydium's reasoning for this - but you have to deep dive into ALL the literature to figure it out.   Signing up for Fuse will NOT impact your current maintenance accounts on Cycles and XP.  Each new release will still be perpetual while under standard maintenance - so go get Fuse because in their mind you have nothing to lose but only gain.  Honestly, they should be applauded for this......but here is still one scenario that they have not clarified and the whole thing appears straightforward but has its complexities.

Consider this scenario:

Current Situation:  I have XP and Cycles under maintenance until 12/2022.  I sign up for Fuse today.  Now, let's say that by 12/2022 they upgrade XP to Release 1100 (currently at 1030)  and Cycles to release 650 (currently at 550).    At that time both XP 1100 and Cycles 650 are PERPETUAL per my pre-existing maintenance agreement. 

Now on 1/2023 I renew my Fuse Maintenance agreement through 12/2023.  In that year, they upgrade XP from Release 1100 to  Release 1200 and Cycles from Release 650 to Release 700.  I then decide to STOP renewing my Fuse Maintenance agreement in 12/2023.   XP Release 1200 should still be active per the statements of their FAQ page. Cycles Release 700 should NO longer be active because it now subscription only.  BUT...can I still use Cycles Release 650? Is that still a perpetual license or was it replaced by the subscription Cycles with my last Fuse maintenance plan?

Dave

But there´ s a question maybe for Cycles4D users only. FAQ say about availability of latest version from maintenance date expire, but not sure if is meant "normal" Cycled 4D maintenance contract or (If user also own XP) latest day of maintenance of FUSED...

...yeah, the same question as posted Dave above

• bezo changed the title to Insydium Subscription | Cycles | Fused Discussion