Insydium Subscription | Cycles | Fused Discussion

Guest Igor

I foolishly switched to Fuse from my Xparticles maintenance and it seemed to go well but all the generators, modifiers disappeared. Cycles never showed up at all. I have tried to be sure all oder versions are gone and reinstalled but same problem and it says I still have an older version somewhere. Xparticles needs an uninstaller I think! I couldn't send them a message either, the new registration # on the form gets checkmark saying it's OK but then the form won't send saying the registration # is formatted wrong... frustrating! I gave up  since I don't have a week to figure it out and will try again  when I have more time. (and patience!)

• Customer

As an XP user this looks like a very good deal. I didn't purchase Cycles as I use XP for short periods every couple of months.

I'll hold off switching license until I see what other issues are reported and details clarified. 

• Customer
2 minutes ago, Cairyn said:

Note that the shortest time period you can get a subscription for is now three months.

Oh yeah that's no probs. I got perpetual XP in maintenance.  👍

Oh, it's also 'nice' for Terraform users. I foolishly bought the plugin when it was new, so I have a "perpetual" license. However, it's not valid as an Insydium license it seems - the plugin does not appear in my dropdown for Insydium products. That raises several questions... what happens if I switch computers, or if I update to R25 (provided Maxon will still offer Perpetuals)? I cannot get a new entitlement for my separate Terraform plugin. If it stops working due to licensing issues... well duh, that "perpetual" can be considered dead. Will an Insydium Fuse installation work together with that separate Terraform plugin, or will the IDs clash? Should I have no maintenance any more, but continue to use XParticles, can I install my "perpetual" Terraform at least on the old computer, or will XParticles not allow it?

...and that is just licensing/serial/entitlement issues with ONE company now. I don't dare to think what will happen to all the other inscrutable licenses that I have which may suddenly give up the ghost. This licensing shit has become completely unplannable without an Excel sheet and a ton of patience.

2 hours ago, CApruzzese said:

I foolishly switched to Fuse from my Xparticles maintenance and it seemed to go well but all the generators, modifiers disappeared. Cycles never showed up at all. I have tried to be sure all oder versions are gone and reinstalled but same problem and it says I still have an older version somewhere. Xparticles needs an uninstaller I think! I couldn't send them a message either, the new registration # on the form gets checkmark saying it's OK but then the form won't send saying the registration # is formatted wrong... frustrating! I gave up  since I don't have a week to figure it out and will try again  when I have more time. (and patience!)

I don't know if this will help or not. But I switched and my old x-particle projects work fine. All I did was paste the Insydium folder where I keep my plugins and set my preference plugin to that location. I unchecked the previous x-particles path. When I restarted C4d my old Cycles was still on the menu and there was a new Insydium menu item that contained the new x-particles and cycles. Of course going into x-particles there were the submenus for generators, modifiers, etc. 

Also, you might want to go to your account page and click the Show Me button under get License and then copy to clipboard. I did this and pasted it into a support message and worked fine.  

My problem is that I'm trying to download the Cycles material packages and its only downloading at 25 mbps, but when I test my download speed with speed test, its 500+ mbps. I wonder if anyone else in the states is having this issue.

I hope some of the info I provided can help. 

Is it correct to think that if you pay for yearly Fuse maintenance it costs $262/year (US) and if you use the subscription it is $508/year - but you get the same stuff? Why would a person choose subscription and pay almost double for the same thing?

Except weirdly X-Particles is NOT listed as being included in the yearly maintenance even though it describes it as having access to all the tools (probably just a typo).

And if I convert my current XP license to Fuse do I gain access to all the tools right now, and then continue to pay yearly maintenance - or does that swap it to subscription?

They could have done a better job of explaining this.

• Guest changed the title to Insydium Sneak Peek - xpBullet | Fused Discussion

"Is it correct to think that if you pay for yearly Fuse maintenance it costs $262/year (US) and if you use the subscription it is $508/year - but you get the same stuff? Why would a person choose subscription and pay almost double for the same thing? "

Because you have to own a permanent licence to get the maintenance price. Many of us jumped on earlier & cheaper, but a brand new Fusion 'permanent' (only XP is permanent really) costs £816 including VAT here - so that's the cost of entry to the cheaper yearly maintenance price. Although I imagine that as usual, Black Friday will be the time to pick up a new licence / maintenance if you're after them.

Sorry, still a bit confused about this.

I have perpetual XP under a current maintenance agreement. So I believe my current annual agreement is £180 (+vat). So this is the price I qualify for if I move to Fused annual maintenance?

It's just that the Fused annual subscription is much pricier, that and at the end of the Fused maintenance page it says -" Note: this is not a Fused license." Am I just fortunate the I have an existing perpetual / maintenance?

1 hour ago, iSiXiSi said:

Sorry, still a bit confused about this.

I have perpetual XP under a current maintenance agreement. So I believe my current annual agreement is £180 (+vat). So this is the price I qualify for if I move to Fused annual maintenance?

It's just that the Fused annual subscription is much pricier, that and at the end of the Fused maintenance page it says -" Note: this is not a Fused license." Am I just fortunate the I have an existing perpetual / maintenance?

I think if you are currently under maintenance, then you get Fused now -- no additional cost.  But after that maintenance expires, then cost to renew annual maintenance does increase from £180 to £190 (if I did my USD to £ conversions correctly).

The only big change for any current Insydium customer currently under maintenance is that you Cycles perpetual license will convert to subscription at some point.  XP perpetual licenses will stay as perpetual.

Still trying to figure it all out as there are a few scenarios as I outlined previously with Cycles that have yet to be addressed, but I think the above is true.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

8 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

I think if you are currently under maintenance, then you get Fused now -- no additional cost.  But after that maintenance expires, then cost to renew annual maintenance does increase from £180 to £190 (if I did my USD to £ conversions correctly).

You can directly switch the currency on the Buy page, and for pound it still say 180. (Now this is a current price and no indication that it will not be raised in the future but it seems for now 180 pounds is correct.) For pure XP users, Fuse does not make a difference as XP itself stays perpetual (again: for now, and sadly the Cycles example shows that Insydium cannot be taken by their word, and we must reckon that XP goes subscription only in the future too).

For pure Cycles users, this is a catastrophe, as you now lose the perpetual-ness AND have to pay for the full XP package.

• bezo changed the title to Insydium Subscription | Cycles | Fused Discussion

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community