Insydium Subscription | Cycles | Fused Discussion

Guest Igor

The new collision system for X-Particles and Cinema 4D. Use on particles, generators, splines, and scene objects. Create realistic, dynamic simulations with ease. Fully integrated into the X-Particles system, you can combine xpBullet with questions and actions, generators, modifiers, and dynamic solvers for ultimate control. Easily connect dynamic objects using xpBulletConstraints. Set up dynamic hinges, springs, and sliders for simulating realistic mechanisms. Connect soft and rigid body simulations using anchors. xpBullet is fast, accurate, and intuitive.

• Guest changed the title to Insydium Sneek Peek - xpBullet
  • Hrvoje changed the title to Insydium Sneak Peek - xpBullet
Just now, everfresh said:

looks awesome... with all those additions lately xp is starting to look pretty attractive again.... might re-activate my maintenance again.

Seems like they are pushing hard. Last few months were full of great showcases. 

Now that looks very promising, i can see a host of new logo on a balloon animations coming and lots of things being smashed to bits. Good times.

Too bad Maxon isn't innovating as much as Insydium is. Very impressive. One thing that caught my eye is the lack of jitter in those collisions. Maybe there are more settings to be adjusted than they showed in this video, but the mass, gravity and lack of jitter looks fantastic.

What I find really interesting is that like their initial release of their fluid solvers, Insydium just makes massive improvements with the next release.  When xpFluidFLIP was initially released it was okay but very difficult to control.  They then released xpFluidFX which is a world better than the other two solvers (FLIP and PDB)  and my go to choice.  Now it appears  that they are doing the same with dynamics in terms of adding ease-of-use and improving the capability and quality over what they released last year when they introduced recursive volume breaking and spline dynamics.

So what I find interesting is that I would imagine that this is all built around the Bullet physics engine...the same physics engine that is in C4D.   So how many years has C4D been using the Bullet physics engine? Based on this video, is it fair to say that Insydium has passed C4D's implementation in terms of capability...and in one year?

It does make you wonder doesn't it?

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

On 7/16/2021 at 7:45 PM, BigAl3D said:

Too bad Maxon isn't innovating as much as Insydium is. Very impressive. One thing that caught my eye is the lack of jitter in those collisions. Maybe there are more settings to be adjusted than they showed in this video, but the mass, gravity and lack of jitter looks fantastic.

That's exactly what i was looking for, though the examples are cut of quite soon to be sure.

Insydium just announced the releaese of Build 1030 and with it a platform called "Fused" which is XP, Cycles, Meshtools and their version of Terraform.  So as we wondered, the new MeshTools and Terraform are NOT part of XP but separate products.  Which kind of puts the updates to XP at a normal level rather than their yearly earth shaking, jaw dropping level.

I tried to figure out much is the upgrade from XP and Cycles maintenance to Fused maintenance but their server keeps crashing.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

From what I saw before all the Americans woke up & crashed their server, it's free to convert from an X-particles licence under maintenance period to Fused - you then get Cycles & all the other software & stuff included, regardless of which you owned before.

Maintenance looked to be £180 + vat/ year for the whole lot.

35 minutes ago, Decade said:

From what I saw before all the Americans woke up & crashed their server, it's free to convert from an X-particles licence under maintenance period to Fused - you then get Cycles & all the other software & stuff included, regardless of which you owned before.

Maintenance looked to be £180 + vat/ year for the whole lot.

I'm looking at their site right now and I don't see an upgrade path from xParticles to Fuse at all. I also noticed a bunch of the maintenance training videos are no longer accessible. In fact, numerous training videos are gone and there is a statement 'only available with Fuse'. I think I may have to switch my hobby to golf or auto racing. I think it would be cheaper. 

It's offered on the My Accounts page, which won't load as their server is getting hammered, but I saw it earlier.

Few quotes I grabbed from their site & FAQ

"

If you have an active Subscription or a license in its Maintenance Period – Convert to Fused now.

If your license is in its Reactivation or Last Chance Period, you can buy a new Fused Maintenance Agreement."

"

Converting your existing X-Particles license to INSYDIUM Fused will give you access to the full Collection at no extra cost. 

Please note that only Subscription licenses and perpetual licenses within their Maintenance Period are eligible for conversion."

4 minutes ago, Decade said:

It's offered on the My Accounts page, which won't load as their server is getting hammered, but I saw it earlier.

"

If you have an active Subscription or a license in its Maintenance Period – Convert to Fused now.

If your license is in its Reactivation or Last Chance Period, you can buy a new Fused Maintenance Agreement."

I'm still under maintenance until Nov, so I will check that out. And you're correct, the My Account page is down, so I'll keep an eye on that. Thanks

• bezo changed the title to Insydium Subscription | Cycles | Fused Discussion