Is there a way to make in between Pose Morph?

Go to solution Solved by BubbaDaCaveman,

CollieMorph could do that with Cinema version 8.5. Morphs along arbitrary goals. Also spherical and cylindrical morphs.

Then PoseMorph came along with version 9 and made it immediately pluginus non grata.

By now Maxon has broken the messages it needed, so... no longer feasible (still works fine, but it doesn't react any more to adding and removing points. Re: PoseMorph, see also my recent question.)

I may well be wrong or missing something here and I hate to contradict the previous more experienced members, but if I set up a simple pose morph on a cube and move a few points around, if I then put the strength on say 75%, and Command / click "add pose" then I get a new pose at 75%, it sticks it in the middle and renames the current pose so you have a Pose 0 at the new 75% and a new pose 1 at the 100% giving 3 poses including the base.

Apologies if I have missed some perinitent point, I couldn't say if its the same with proper character stuff as that's not my thing.

Deck

38 minutes ago, deck said:

I may well be wrong or missing something here and I hate to contradict the previous more experienced members, but if I set up a simple pose morph on a cube and move a few points around, if I then put the strength on say 75%, and Command / click "add pose" then I get a new pose at 75%, it sticks it in the middle and renames the current pose so you have a Pose 0 at the new 75% and a new pose 1 at the 100% giving 3 poses including the base.

Apologies if I have missed some perinitent point, I couldn't say if its the same with proper character stuff as that's not my thing.

Deck

Yes, but that is a completely new pose with a slider going from 0 to 100. The idea behind intermediate poses is to have just one slider controlling base pose at 0, intermediate pose at 50, end pose at 100. (Which is not easy to achieve as the path of the morphed point will then make a turn at 50. I softened the path by overlaying a Bezier curve, but never got around to do the same for rotational morphs, which is yet another layer of difficulty.) As far as I can see, the PoseMorph doesn't allow that.

(I just tried, and actually Ctrl-"Add Pose" just makes a plain copy; you need to mix by setting Edit to "In Place", turn all other poses to 0, set the desired source pose to the appropriate level, then generate the new pose by Shift-"Add Pose", then go back to "Selected" editing. At least in R23.)

So, I made an intermediate pose and was able to smoothly transition between it and the main pose by key frame animating it, now I just need to automate it with xpresso. So one Range Mapper node for turning up the intermediate pose morph's strength to 100% when the custom control is at 50%, and once the custom control goes above 50%, another Ranger Mapper should dial down the intermediate pose morph's strength down to 0% gradually. Problem is I don't know how to switch between these two Range Mappers😁 I have a feeling the condition node might work in this scenario.

Can anyone help me with the xpresso setup?

Intermediate Pose Morph.c4d

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community