22FPS Empty Viewport, Crashes. Specs: RTX 3090, AMD 5950X, Latest Studio Drivers

Go to solution Solved by Guest Igor,

In that case all he would have problem with Windows and all SW included. I dont see how would this be only related to C4D if the issue is not in C4D itself.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Igor said:

In that case all he would have problem with Windows and all SW included. I dont see how would this be only related to C4D if the issue is not in C4D itself.

Not necessarily. I've had cases where my slightly overclocked GPU would run game a just fine, but crash instantly on game b. Also constant crashes on Octane / Redshift. I even tested the overclocks with Furmark and it ran fine.

Computers are weird man, you can never generalize anything with this stuff.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

7 minutes ago, DasFrodo said:

There's only one way I've ever seen a system crap out with memory issues: straight up software crashes or complete system freezes.

Oh, then you should give me a visit. Here in my machine the RAM seems dying currently. And I get all sorts of effects, I wouldn't have thought possible before. Even so strange I wasn't even suspecting the RAM to be an issue. I only got onto that track, when system info suddenly reported to only have 28GB...
Anyway, I agree with you, memory is a far fetch.

5 minutes ago, Igor said:

No, not necessarily. (oopsy, too late)

1 minute ago, MighT said:

Oh, then you should give me a visit. Here in my machine the RAM seems dying currently. And I get all sorts of effects, I wouldn't have thought possible before. Even so strange I wasn't even suspecting the RAM to be an issue. I only got onto that track, when system info suddenly reported to only have 28GB...

Interesting. You learn something new every day, ey?

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

On 7/19/2021 at 2:18 PM, DasFrodo said:

How many objects do you have in your scene?

C4D chokes hard with many objects. Polys are no issue.

This is for an empty scene, but if I load my project:

• From C4d: 
  • Object: 5925
  • Polygons: 77322659
  • Memory: 3.75GB

On my other workstation with two M5000's and a GTX 1080 FTW (with Octane Live View off) I get a workable 20FPS with my project open. My .C4D project file save size is about 4GB. I am guessing some will make a comment about how insane this is, and if anyone wants to chat about how I can reduce this size in the future with a given STP file (I do have access to the engineer that has the ProE file if needbe), feel free to chat. That being said, the main issue right now is the low performance with even an empty scene.

On 7/19/2021 at 2:59 PM, MighT said:

Somehow I have some doubts this is a compatibility issue with R19.

Is the system running stably under load otherwise? Did you try to run Cinebench? Or Furmark? memtest would also be a good idea. Does the system have a well dimensioned power supply?

Yes I play games on it 3-5 hours a day after work and it runs those great, granted I haven't tried gaming since I installed graphic studio drivers while trying to troubleshoot this issue. 

12 hours ago, imashination said:

You have plugged the monitor cable into the graphics card right? ie. you haven't accidentally plugged it into the motherboard video output

Very interesting you should point that out. Yes it is connected via Display Port, but it is a 10 meter display port cable. Could that length effect it somehow? It's longer than a standard Display Port cable as the system is in another room to cut down on noise/heat in my bedroom while I'm sleeping + rendering. 

The chances of me upgrading to the latest Cinema4D has increased from 0% to 50%, so fingers crossed that I'll be able to upgrade and test on the newer software. Otherwise, as it stands right now I'm at the office sadly and it's working good(ish) on my older hardware. 

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community