Some help with a color change using an effector and field?

I've attached a simple scene to show what I'm trying to do. The random effector is changing the size of the honeycomb pattern, but I also want it to shift the color from white to blue as they get smaller. So basically, any full size hexagon will be 100% white. I've been trying different ways to get this to work, but the color part of it isn't coming together. Can anyone take a look at the scene and see what I'm doing wrong?

BlueBack.c4d

There are a few ways you could do this but with your current setup the easiest may be the eg below.

You have two materials on the cloner, red  ( blue ) on the inside and white outside, the white has an alpha channel with the mograph color shader in it, you can drive this alpha with an effector to change its brightness. You could do it with the same random but you get more colour control with another effector.

So the shader effector is set to black, making everything red as it hides the white, in order to create the same pattern as the random you can add weighting into your random effector as well as scale etc, the shader effector then uses the weighting to drive the amount of colour / black in the alpha.

Deck

Edit, you can use the strength sliders in the shader or the weight slider in the random to tweak the strength 

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 09.40.11.png

RedBack01.c4d

Not sure why the weight from the random didn't transfer to the color properly, but you could use the shader effector for both colour and scale like below, but obviously the noise is different to your current setup. Best to use two shader effectors, one for col and one for scale, just make sure you use the same noise in each one.

Deck

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 10.40.45.png

RedBack02.c4d

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community