TechSmith Camtasia 2021 upgrade 50% OFF

sad situation that discount is upgrade only. im many years waiting good discount from camtasia.  this is expensive for me.

if anyone looks a alternative, at this moment im using movavi and obs+adobe premier.   movavi on steam is cheap and useable for  simple-mid tutorials.  obs good at record and premier good at cut.

I record a LOT of tutorials, and Camtasia was slow as a slug in molasses to work with when doing many cuts and recordings beyond ~20 minutes - even on my 3900x with 64GB.

Last year I could not deal with it anymore, and switched to DaVinci Resolve. I record with OBS, convert the MKVs with either LosslessCut or Handbrake (production preset) depending on the source materials, and edit in DaVinci.

DaVinci also features automatic voice audio improvements and good noise removal, while Camtasia did a terrible job in this regard and would affect the sound quality too much.

What a difference that made: no more slow-downs while cutting, excellent sound quality, rendering out videos is MUCH faster because of DaVince's GPU encoding,... The only thing I miss are the text balloons, which I replaced with text boxes in DaVinci, but are not as quick to work with. So I created a library of text box presets, which works well.

And all for free! 🙂

Camtasia is overpriced in my opinion, and taking advantage of teachers and instructors everywhere due to most of them not being quite tech-savvy.

5 minutes ago, bentraje said:

Use the younger brother: Snagit. Records image/video but no editing feature. It's reasonably priced. Been using it for roughly 5 years now. Works as expected.

I second this. I have Camtasia but only use Snagit for last few years. It's way less complicated and does a great job.

Last time I updated Camtasia I had to go back to old version as new one was unusable. I use Camtasia for quick recordings but I found OBS to be much better. 

The only thing I use camtasia for is the capturing, the editing software part of it is pretty bad. The problem most capture software has is that it will only record lossy compressed video where all strong colours get nuked by the chroma sub sampling. Camtasias tscc codec gets you much better UI captures, but suffers when trying to capture moving video so I'd just add them back in afterwards.