NVIDIA Special Address at SIGGRAPH 2021

Guest Igor

5 minutes ago, Igor said:

All these automation things in the end serves more to corporations as they don't need human power to do stuff and little to none to those who are trying to master something. Seems like hand made things will become things of the past in the name of the profits. Nothing new I guess. 

Yes I totally agree. Perhaps some automation could make some private company stuff easier too.

Very interesting.  AI is definitely here, and there's a lot more coming down the tracks. It will certainly change what we do and how we do it. But you note how short and obscured the real work samples were - there's a long way to go. I don't think Nvidia's AI modelled 'Jelly bean' cars are going to put Cerbera out of work quite yet : )

18 hours ago, ahven said:

Some face results seem to be distorted. Very interesting.

I disagree that AI is not taking peoples jobs. There has been even more self service points on my town in few years than before. Let´s say it is not "the AI" but generally the digitalization progress culture which is the same root of job loss. More money for mega corporations.

KBAR was only commenting on developer (programming) jobs he's seen personally...replying to my question. We all can think of jobs that AI has grabbed in other sectors.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community