Dear Visitors

If your confirmation email doesn't arrive, give us some time while we manually approve your account. Support ticket is not necessary, we are checking new registrations regularly and approving if registration requirements are met.

Please read Rules & Guidelines before posting around Forums. Information we seek is minimal and in the end saves us a lot of time and we are able to provide solutions faster.

Please consider supporting us via Contributions for all the work we are doing. Contributing even with the smallest amount, will remove ALL AD's and unlock some nice features like being able to be Tipped for providing help, or file etc.

Scaling a character with Spline-IK?

Go to solution Solved by Sylxeria,

For how deceptively simple Spline-IK is, I seem to have the most troubles understanding it.  Recently, I had a pair of snake models I exported out of DAZ,  and given the lengthy body shape it seemed Spline-IK was perfect for this.

Despite setting everything up in a way that looked 'right',  one of the two would have its entire front half fold into its body in reverse for some weird reason.  Disabling the rig, re-setting the Initial Pose, and renabling the rig would 'fix' that though when nothing else was working for reasons I do not understand. 

However,  lately there's been a few times when I've needed to scale a figure UP, which has again also been a very touchy experience for me. Usually it works, sometimes it doesn't.  In this case, here's what I get when I scale this serpent up:

The spline scales up along with everything else, but the IK sort of gets broken.  Through some trial and error I found that scaling down the spline a bit afterwards mostly fixes it, but is there a better way to do this if/when the need to scale something up or down comes up? 

scale_0.png

scale_2.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

A long while later, solution was something I had missed entirely somehow.  Ctrl-D,  Scale Project, scale it up by however much you need, then copy-paste the character into the new scene. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.