Scaling a character with Spline-IK?

Go to solution Solved by Sylxeria,

For how deceptively simple Spline-IK is, I seem to have the most troubles understanding it.  Recently, I had a pair of snake models I exported out of DAZ,  and given the lengthy body shape it seemed Spline-IK was perfect for this.

Despite setting everything up in a way that looked 'right',  one of the two would have its entire front half fold into its body in reverse for some weird reason.  Disabling the rig, re-setting the Initial Pose, and renabling the rig would 'fix' that though when nothing else was working for reasons I do not understand. 

However,  lately there's been a few times when I've needed to scale a figure UP, which has again also been a very touchy experience for me. Usually it works, sometimes it doesn't.  In this case, here's what I get when I scale this serpent up:

The spline scales up along with everything else, but the IK sort of gets broken.  Through some trial and error I found that scaling down the spline a bit afterwards mostly fixes it, but is there a better way to do this if/when the need to scale something up or down comes up? 

scale_0.png

scale_2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community