How to emit objects with hair from an Emitter

Go to solution Solved by Cerbera,

Hi,

I am trying to create a particle system with "hair balls" (spheres with hair particles attached to it) as in the screenshot) I created a sphere and added hair to it and put them in a null and then to cloner. Then made the cloner as object to emitter. Now the particles are coming with hairs but the hair dynamics is not happening. Any solutions or alternative methods?

This is my first post, hope it follows the forum guidelines.

Thankyou

af.png

Edited by Cerbera
Re-titled for future search use (see edit history)
  • Cerbera changed the title to How to emit objects with hair from an Emitter
  • Solution

Welcome to the Core ! 🙂

Please update your profile so we know which version of the software you are using - the answer to questions often depends on us knowing that information...

Your setup is not working as you imagine it is.

We can see from the screenshot, your null is not a child of the cloner, so isn't being cloned - instead the emitter is firing particles of empty cloners and the sphere alternately, because both it and the cloner are children of the emitter. You can see this is happening by the dots that appear between the spheres - those are the empty cloners.

In fact the cloner is entirely superfluous to this plan, so can be deleted.

The reason your hair dynamics isn't working will probably be because you are trying to create hair on a parametric object, which is never a good idea. Make the sphere editable, and things should improve.

CBR

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community