The Pose Morph in Cinema 4D is Extremely Unstable

I have tried all sorts of combinations nothing worked. Tried on unconstrained joints, tried going back to linear skin instead of blended method, made a new pose morph tag and worked on that but after a while of editing the strangeness starts again. Seems like it isn't production ready. Worked on a simple cylinder but not on an actual production ready model.

Will a stripped down version of the file work? With no textures I mean. They would be too much for me to upload, right now.

To recreate the troublesome scenario, snap some points of the model named Anjana to the red reference model. Then click on the model Anjana again, the moved points will snap back to wherever they were before.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pE9tacbuHoxUcKSgrDjd9aElWNxVK01J/view?usp=sharing

I have found a workaround and it will have to do for the time being, as even setting up all the priorities correctly in the entire scene didn't seem to have any effect on the bug.

Wiggling the weight slider seems to keep the points where I intend them to keep. I was wondering, isn't this feature of Cinema 4D used much, since it's a really good system to drive a Pose morph for the shoulder at least. As the shoulder most of the time needs correctional morphs and most of the times it needs those when the joint has multiple rotational values. The ability to drive the morph with multiple values is great.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community