Generating tank track marks on the road?

I want that a tank to leave track marks on the asphalt as it moves. How to do that?

I tried tracer, like in this example below but it seems it doesn't work (the null associated with the tracer doesn't move so no spline is generated).

The tank uses Dynamics which are cached. Any ideas?

track-marks.jpg

6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I think we should investigate why the tracer nulls don't move - they should do if they are children of an object that moves, however it does so, and regardless of whether that is cached or not...

CBR

I was attaching the null to another main null (which contained all the components of the tank). I now attached that null to the main body of the tank and now it moves. The trace is generated now but I have another issue: it's an an angle...and as the tank moves that trace is moving from an angle to another randomly. See the image.

1652 Aug. 27 22.23.jpg

How would it know to make it planar unless you tell it  - if you just sweep a single trace then you are not giving it enough information. You actually need to either trace 2 nulls and then loft between them, or trace 2 nulls and use the second one as a rail in the sweep of the first.

CBR

6 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

trace 2 nulls and then loft between them, or trace 2 nulls and use the second one as a rail in the sweep of the first.

CBR

I didn't understand any of this 🙂 ...I have two nulls, one for each track. What setup do you recommend then? I unchecked Banking in Sweep object and that seems to work but I am not sure if I just got lucky or indeed works.

On 8/27/2021 at 10:56 PM, Cerbera said:

Oh yes if you can fix it with just no banking, then do that. It's hard to test these things when there is no scene file.

CBR

I have a problem with the track marks on the road...the texture seem to be slipping (and I used Pin Material - former Stick Texture - to try to fix it but to no avail).

See the video https://www.dropbox.com/s/9if2wl8he1baw32/C0004.mp4?dl=0

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community