Proposal of new Tagging System & integration of C4D - Blender - Houdini

Guest Igor

Hi folks, I had an idea but not sure would anyone be interested. From to title you might suspect what this would be about, but this would be more friendly approach in finding out what one app can do, how it can be done and is it even possible.

Basically I would create sub forums like Modeling, Rendering, Rigging etc and then we could simply ask question, show example and ask how this could be done elsewhere. I think everyone could benefit from it and learn new things and maybe try out in their preferred DCCs something they didn't even if think its possible. 

• Guest featured this topic
33 minutes ago, Igor said:

Hi folks, I had an idea but not sure would anyone would be interested. From to title you might suspect what this would be about, but this would be more friendly approach in finding out what one app can do, how it can be done and is it even possible.

Basically I would create sub forums like Modeling, Rendering, Rigging etc and then we could simply ask question, show example and ask how this could be done elsewhere. I think everyone could benefit from it and learn new things and maybe try out in their preferred DCCs something they didn't even if think its possible. 

I absolutely love the idea!
As long as people keep it civil and friendly of course, not turning it into a "PS4 vs Xbox" type of discussion hehe.

Agreed that this would be a useful thing to have. But as mentioned above, I would suggest to name it "Workflow translations", or something similar.

I find using "versus" immediately includes some connotations related to "competitivism", which this new sub-forum would be the exact opposite of.

Glad to hear, I also think it could be very interesting.

5 minutes ago, FLima said:

As long as people keep it civil and friendly of course, not turning it into a "PS4 vs Xbox" type of discussion hehe.

I would not worry about that, if we gonna do it Ill make sure we stay away from toxicity. 

2 minutes ago, dast said:

Agreed that this would be a useful thing to have. But as mentioned above, I would suggest to name it "Workflow translations", or something similar.

I find using "versus" immediately includes some connotations related to "competitivism", which this new sub-forum would be the exact opposite of.

Good point, any suggestions at this point are welcomed so we can have a nice subforum so we can explore together. If there are any other suggestions, please dont be shy. 

Ill create a first iteration of how I see this could work and we can then go from there and polish if something is not clear and so on...

7 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Good idea, but yeah, I agree with Dast, in that we might have to work quite hard to make it not a pissing contest ! 🙂

CBR

I dont think it will be hard and I don't expect many post there. Rules will be clear so anyone who doesnt follow them will simply be warned and post will be deleted. As we are at the moment 4 moderators I think that's not gonna overwork anyone. 😉 

Ah we may have lost something in translation there - I didn't mean literally hard work ! 🙂  Just that we should make it obvious from the start that this is an area for interested people to compare and contrast and see workflows they wouldn't normally see in software they don't (yet) use...

CBR

2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Just that we should make it obvious from the start that this is an area for interested people to compare and contrast and see workflows they wouldn't normally see in software they don't (yet) use...

Yes, definitely something which Ill try to make sure its clear...

Ans like I said, Ill make a first iteration of the proposal and we can go from there. 

50 minutes ago, Mike A said:

I think its worth trying!  It could prove very useful.
I agree with Dast too - drop the " VS" and make the intention totally clear.  Whether human nature will allow it to flourish is anyone's guess LOL!

I will try to think of few different titles. One would think its an easy task. 😊

5 minutes ago, Mike A said:

Maybe you could go for something a bit fun, off the wall and intriguing:
"Mission impossible"

or

"Close Enconters of the 3D  Kind"

Good idea, keep them coming. :cowboypistol:

• Guest changed the title to Proposal of new Tagging System & integration of C4D - Blender - Houdini