Great to find a C4D community after so long

Macmangan

Hey Igor!  I’m mostly interested in creating things for Indy film.  I enjoy modeling, lighting and animation.  Not so good with texturing, but I make it work, but need improvement.  I love having projects because they force you to learn so much as you go, my favorite way to. Learn.  Lately I’ve been learning Arnold to add my ship character into footage.  Loving it!  

here’s my character for our Lil film.  I’m huge into 80’s sci-fi kid adventure, haha.

9AB0C4BE-C931-4837-AA38-D5459E15CD4F.jpeg

Great to hear. We have one more member with similar interest in creating those short films. ☺️

He is often working on his short animated movies. 

I like the robot character, or head well done. Arnold is great choice for rendering engine. 

Be careful, @Cerbera is our quad police, but don't be scared he is definitely not aggressive with his inspections of topology and quads. ☺️

hey guys, glad to meet you all!  

Haha good to know who the quad police are,  @Cerbera  , lol.  I do quads as often as possible.  this little guy started out with all quads, but it took me a while to figure out a good way to separate the panels.  I eventually just used booleans, which of course created messy edges, haha.

Screenshot 2021-09-06 154637.png

Welcome to the Core (I originally typed "Cafe"...some habits are hard  to break).

Great introductory image.  For someone who struggles with texturing, I thought you did a great job.  Also, I love the lighting.  You really matched the background image quite well.  Is the road element textured as well or did you use projection mapping?   I ask because the highlight on the road from the street lamp on the left does not line up with the street lamp itself.  Draw a straight line from the lamp to the camera and  that is where the highlight should be.  Sorry for the small nit on an introductory post....I am impressed by that image nonetheless.

Also.....Cerbera is NOT  the quad police.  That implies he is running around forcing people to use quads ("quad enforcer"??).  Nope.  But you will learn a great deal from his comments and suggestions (maybe "quad enabler" is a better title).

In any case, with talent like yours, we are eager to see more of your work in the future.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

1 hour ago, Macmangan said:

this little guy started out with all quads, but it took me a while to figure out a good way to separate the panels.  I eventually just used booleans, which of course created messy edges, haha.

Here is the idea for the future. As you have a shape you are happy with, you can now simply retopologize the geometry and get all quads, or ar least much more decent and friendly topology. :cowboypistol:

24 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Also.....Cerbera is NOT  the quad police.  That implies he is running around forcing people to use quads ("quad enforcer"??).  Nope.  But you will learn a great deal from his comments and suggestions (maybe "quad enabler" is a better title).

He is, he was in the police club, ask him, I didn’t invent the term, he and @VECTOR did. 😄 

46 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Is the road element textured as well or did you use projection mapping?   I ask because the highlight on the road from the street lamp on the left does not line up with the street lamp itself.  Draw a straight line from the lamp to the camera and  that is where the highlight should be.  Sorry for the small nit on an introductory post....I am impressed by that image nonetheless.

In any case, with talent like yours, we are eager to see more of your work in the future.

The road is just a texture via cubic, I do most everything cubic.  The lighting is completely from the hdri.  Part of my testing in Arnold.  Oh and I love questions on the details, makes your a better artist I feel.  Instead of the, looks great…. From friends and fam, does it though?  Lol.  And thanks for the compliment, really appreciate it.  

20 minutes ago, Igor said:

Here is the idea for the future. As you have a shape you are happy with, you can now simply retopologize the geometry and get all quads, or ar least much more decent and friendly topology. :cowboypistol:

What’s funny is, this was the first time I sculpted something in actual clay first, brought it in the retopologised.   I imagine retopolgizing that thing would not be fun. 😭 

C2B324B2-5418-4817-9D0E-EC0D529F1715.jpeg

CDE3088B-C82E-4DD5-B855-E91A51A0B2EF.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Macmangan said:

What’s funny is, this was the first time I sculpted something in actual clay first, brought it in the retopologised.   I imagine retopolgizing that thing would not be fun. 😭 

Retopology could teach you great things. Great exercise for any modeler. 🙂

If you could upload .fbx file I would be happy to retopo it in Houdini for fun. 🙂

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community