One Collision object doesn't work while the other does??

See the image below.

I have a tank rolling over and I wanted to make track marks on the fly. For this I am using two planes (editable) with the same characteristics. And two Collision objects (one for each plane) with the same settings.

Yet, on one plane everything works fine (I even cached it) and I can see the marks while on the other I see no marks on the plane (the tank does touch the plane).

Why is that? Don't two Collision objects work in the same project?

1660 Sep. 06 23.54.jpg

If you are unsure about the normals, go to viewport Options and disable Backface Culling

If its only moving forward, you can also try editing the track that works, increase its width and do a couple cuts to delete the middle part, instead of using two planes.

7 minutes ago, luchifer said:

If you are unsure about the normals, go to viewport Options and disable Backface Culling

I didn't have it enabled. If I enable it my planes are disappearing.

This how the normals look on the plane which works. The same look on the plane which doesn't work.

1661 Sep. 07 00.25.jpg

1 minute ago, luchifer said:

Ok I thought normals affected collisions, have you tried Ctrl + D / Dynamics / turn visualization on, to see if collision are working? 

You mean this Dynamics? (that's what shows up when CTRL+D)

1662 Sep. 07 00.30.jpg

3 minutes ago, luchifer said:

Ok I thought normals affected collisions, have you tried Ctrl + D / Dynamics / turn visualization on, to see if collision are working? 

Oh, I know what you meant. I turned it on and this is how it looks.

1663 Sep. 07 00.32.jpg

22 minutes ago, luchifer said:

yes, dynamics / visualization are meant to troubleshoot collision issues

I found the problem....I thought that the tracks are contained in one single null (which I assigned to the collision object)...but they are actually separated in two nulls. And I included in the collision objects only the right track, not the left one. Now the thing works as expected 🙂 .

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community