This doesn't always happen… But it can prov to be a pain. What am I talking about? Mesh jumping when you bind a mesh to a rig!

OK I'll give you the scenario: I have used the Character Tool to create an Advanced Biped now when I need to add some extra items like teeth to the character and go to the bind option the head jumps once I bind the teeth (or whatever). So after carefully positioning the teeth once it is bound the head moves and the teeth are no longer where they should be.

This is quite irritating and especially prominent when using rigs that might have been built using earlier versions of C4D. I can only think that I would have to re-bind the whole model from scratch and repaint all the weights again?

Anyone got any ideas on this anomaly?

The jump also happens when I deactivate the skin object yes indeed! So what is the cause and cure for non-clean bind poses? I have experienced them many times over the years and never figured out. I have even had people ask me what it is and how to fix…

Thanks Everfresh but it don't seem to be working…

I have my character which uses the advanced biped, I click on the character object then go to Reset Pose to zero all the controllers. Then I click Reset Bind Pose on the offending mesh's Weight tag and - nothing…

Computer says 'No!'…

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community