Maxon e-portfolio will close permanently on November 1, 2021

I had similar problems. I could log in, but was unable to download my installers. 

Try different browsers. Eventually, I could download the installers using Microsoft Edge. 

Not being able to log in at all might be a different problem though. If a different browser doesn't work, contact Maxon support. They should be able to help. I was told they would even set up and e-m-ail me a download link for my installers, if necessary. 

@DaveTwo: I think this will be your last chance to get your installers. The announcement on the log-in page does sound like you won't be able to get them again after September 30. And who knows if it will be possible to get those installers from Maxon support after that. 

Cheers,

Wolf3D

I had downloaded my installers already in the past (for plugin development purposes), but just to be safe I redownloaded them again this weekend.

Unfortunately, these go only back to R18. I am still missing R17 (Windows). But having R16, R18, R19, R20 is fine enough for me to work with.

Note that you might also want to get the latest updates on MAXON's download site, as I am not sure the installers are the latest ones.

But I had the impression that latest updates were only available for a few versions, so get them while they're still available.

If anyone has trouble finding eportfolio.net like I did (did not show via Help window on R19 or searching Maxon.net) the link is: eportfolio.maxon.net

Now, when I tried to login, it would not accept my password and then it would not recognize my email address when I tried to reset my password.  So what is going on?  I can't believe accept a EULA on R21 would impact this.  

I have the installers for R19, but they are not the full installers but rather access the installers on-line.  A capability which I fear will go away.  R19 is critical as it is the bridge between older files and current versions.

This is all becoming very ominous for perpetual license holders --- Is Maxon slowly shutting down access to ALL perpetual licenses, even those prior to R21?

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

2 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Is Maxon slowly shutting down access to ALL perpetual licenses, even those prior to R21?

Unless you have the full installer(s) and latest updates you should be able to install pre-R21 versions.

I just checked in my "physical backup" box, and I do have all shipped boxes for Cinema4D R9 up to R17.

It seems they stopped physically shipping the software from R18 onward. If you download your R18, R19, R20 (and their updates) you should be fine for some "3D archeology".

But it sure is that something is being prepared ...

EDIT:

just had a look at

https://www.maxon.net/en/downloads/cinema-4d-past-versions-downloads

and it seems they removed all updates for past versions prior R21.

I was sure I downloaded the updates from there in the (not so distant) past.

EDIT2:

Just installed R17.016 from DVD and performed an update -> it downloaded the update for R17.055

Not sure how long these older updates will still be available.