Cinema R25 Release

Guest Igor

10 minutes ago, Mike A said:

То же самое здесь 🙂
На самом деле, если вы не можете «прокручивать кнопки» - а я понятия не имею, можете ли вы, я не заинтересован в загрузке R25 - мне это кажется медленнее. Нажмите кнопку, посмотрите на объект, найдите следующую кнопку ... повторите. 

Watch the video I recorded. it's one click. it's a great solution that suits everyone.

I ranted yesterday as well.

But after first try: The new procedural nature of C4D is confusing...But awesome. The animation potential of the stack is endless. I am suprised to be honest how much I like it...

And to be honest: I like the new Interface, too

That does not mean I still do not understand how they simply abandon large parts of the program. We need more features. I think RS should have been implemented into R25 becasue as arelease it is too thin

I installed R25 on my work machine and I honestly love the interface changes, even though Maxon has not only taken a lesson out of Blender's book, but also from other programs, it seems.. 😉 

I don't find the new UI particularly hard to get used to. Watch Chris Schmidt's interface part on the new R25 features and you'll get accustomed to it in no time. There's also a knowledge base article at Maxon's website detailing the changes. The additional viewport real estate is great and the changed locations of the toolbars make absolute sense. I know nobody asked for it, as Cinema has always had a great UI, but the changes are very well thought out and make a great UI even better. If you have access to R25, give it a try.

Now for the rest, I am also underwhelmed, albeit not as much as others here. I love procedural and node workflows, so getting even an interim solution for incorporating scene nodes into the Object manager is exciting for me. That said, I agree that it's debatable to tout this as a full feature, as nobody knows how the system will change and / or evolve until the core and the scene nodes are finished.

For spline import, I do not care much. The tracker tag seems a nice addition for animators with some very smart and easy to use parameters, but I don't animate.

Overall, I wouldn't say I am disappointed nor particularly impressed by this release. It's really lightweight and there is not enough incentive in the feature list for me to upgrade my personal perpetual R23 license, also considering the perpetual upgrading cost. But I enjoy having access to the new interface and capsules on my work machine and appreciate the changes that are there, because they are done well. And Cinema is still the general purpose DCC app I can learn the easiest and that I enjoy working with the most. 

Also, I understand the community's frustration and that the patience of waiting for the new core to see all of the outdated areas addressed has been wearing thin by now. Where I disagree is that Maxon does not know where to go with the roadmap. I am sure they have a long-term plan, or else they would not invest so much into the scene nodes approach. Whether this is going after Houdini, enabling completely new features that are done more intuitively than anywhere once they finally land in C4D or it's something completely different, I don't know. It's pure speculation. But I find it a bit naive to think that development was "random". A company of Maxon's size, not even talking about Nemetschek here, certainly has an intent with everything they develop. Whether or not this intent will align with the customer's wishes remains to be seen, but I am sure there is some intent in planning.

1 hour ago, Cairyn said:

I had offered CollieMouse (an alternative 3Dconnexion manager) for years, but the response was zilch.

I also had a project tab plugin on my Patreon that works under R23 (and has no licensing issues), but no one wanted that either. *shrug*

I remember seeing both of these at the time and especially thinking the project tab was a great idea. But then it dropped off the radar. Creating a project is only the first part. The rest is all marketing. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc… and having a custom website that highlights the products with good SEO so that Google picks it up. Also getting them into resellers hands like ToolFarm or HelloLux. I myself don’t do much marketing, but each time I do anything I see a bunch of sales. But sales and marketing are full time jobs all in of themselves. Which is why I don’t do much personal development anymore. I have too much to sell and need to get back to that instead of just making new stuff, that no one will ever use unless they know about it. So don’t give up on new ideas. But when you have something make sure to get the word out about them.

20 minutes ago, kbar said:

The rest is all marketing.

I guess. The project tab was part of the Patreon, so it was never separately offered or marketed (it's available on the five bucks level, but people still seem to confuse support on a Patreon (with perpetual licenses for everything downloaded, and no serial number binding at all) with a subscription), and meanwhile it's lost in the hundreds of Python Course posts there. Well, too little, too late.

(I'm dropping the topic; not want to derail this thread any further...)

Honestly, the actual features look pretty good. The UI, as always, looks very slick and modern, the Capsules, particularly look extremely promising as a long-term feature that will greatly extend C4D's capabilities. Both are extremely time-consuming features to implement, so I can see why, on an accelerated release schedule, you would only have a couple of these.

Robust spline import is always a welcome feature, but hardly a major addition, but still, nice to have.

I guess the major issue is why prioritise the freaking UI? That would have been likely last on my list of things to tweak with in C4D. It already had a very good UI, and given what an enormous task rehauling a major app's UI is, why on Earth expend resources in that direction?

Anyhow, on a positive note, I am excited to see where Scene Nodes and Capsules are headed.

50 minutes ago, eikonoklastes said:

Honestly, the actual features look pretty good

Which features? lol

What is in there would constitute a service pack rather then full point release. Something broke in Maxon and it broke really bad. They went from charming underdog with unique features to adobe wannabe with splash of autodesk buyout policies. completely disappointed with this and whoever is honest about it will be too, no marketing can save this one. time to dive into Blender and Houdini more

I don't have any problems with the new look, I actually like it and will help me a lot...my problem is that the software become more and more expensive...of course...this is maybe...because all the industry. 

The big complaining about features...so with every ear update all the "new" things will look more and more like adobe. Just feature here and there...I think this is common problem for everything. My main problem - with RS only subs, more than 1000 euro per year is closer to autodesk I think.

9 hours ago, Icecaveman said:

An individual worker or contractor is unhappy ~ergo~ Everyone and everything at company/foundation is toxic. 

says Lucifer

Who would doubt such a sensible narrative from such an unimpeachable source? LOL.

I didnt say everyone. But it is a known fact most blender community is toxic. Even the sculpting thread in Blender Artist forum acknowled that toxic community drove Pablo away.

And is luchifer, my spelean friend

2 minutes ago, luchifer said:

I didnt say everyone. But it is a known fact most blender community is toxic. Even the sculpting thread in Blender Artist forum acknowled that toxic community drove Pablo away.

And is luchifer, my spelean friend

You mean, the community (user base) or inside the Blender team? 

I guess no company is perfect for sure. I actually had requested a feature (well, a lot of people did) about light linking for instance.. and felt really guilty about even asking it in the first place, since.. I paid nothing for the software. And there was a great response, and acknowledgement..  So I am only juding for this experience really, and how I see Pablo (the other Pablo) doing these live chats with Blender announcements.

But again, the bar that Maxon has set when it comes to this, is so, so low, that any company that better interacts and listents to its userbase is miles better.

• Guest changed the title to Cinema R25 Release
  • Guest unfeatured this topic

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community