Cinema R25 Release

Guest Igor

41 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Ah yes. I think you may be right there. Hopefully they are addressing that.

CBR

I very much hope so. Now I know what it is, there are definitely other non-precise and wrong behaviours with the Wacom. 

Congratulations to the Maxon team for another release of c4d!

It was so much fun reading through the thread. So many articulate opinions and interesting posts. I specially enjoyed the ones with dramatic endings like "R.I.P. Maxon" or "Bye bye Maxon, hello Blender." So much passion :)

Anyways, after playing with R25 for a couple of days, here are my two cents:

- New UI: I was pretty happy with the old UI, so I wasn't expecting this one. Looks nice and I'm sure I'll get used to it in the future. I like the hot corners, tabs, new sliders, presets and new customization options. I can see myself tinkering with custom layouts for hours. Well done!

- Track modifier tag: powerful and easy to use.

- Capsules: Oh yeahhh! I am no programmer, but I consider myself a semi-technical 3D artist (as in not afraid to play with Xpresso, particles, fluid sims, etc...) When I started playing with scene nodes last year, I got confused and bored, but capsules make sense to me and open a whole parametric world of possibilities!

So it is not a feature rich release, and I'm going to miss the content browser, but I can tell the Maxon team is working hard and I'm excited about the future of c4d.

Congrats again and hope to see you all at NAB 2022 to toast to the new, complete,  and kickass new core?

4 hours ago, MJV said:

It looked at least three years away to me a year ago, and judging from the progress since then I would guess we're still three years away. 

remember how long ago it was that they announced a new core and kinda hinted "it was around the corner"? was it R16, R17? I can't remember but then I've slept once or twice and had a beer or three.

Until it is usable or until it has actually replaced the object manager as the best way to work? Looking back at how long it has taken and where we are now, I would estimate 2023 until it is usable in ral work. As for a complete replacement, ie. it fully works with sculpting, physics, mograph, hair, animation etc. 2025 is my guess.

57 minutes ago, imashination said:

Until it is usable or until it has actually replaced the object manager as the best way to work? Looking back at how long it has taken and where we are now, I would estimate 2023 until it is usable in ral work. As for a complete replacement, ie. it fully works with sculpting, physics, mograph, hair, animation etc. 2025 is my guess.

Sounds about right. And what that realistically means? Dead on arrival. 

Users are bailing hard and fast already. To wait, in hope and in faith 3-4 more years, after 6-7 years of transition already? A few trusting souls will hold on, bleeding subscription money thru i.v. tubes to Maxon central.

A few, not many.

The part I feel worst about? After the users are screwed, after the Maxon software developers and staff are screwed...McGraven will celebrate driving this off the cliff...with a massive party with all the money he grifted from the parent company Nemetschek.

The ugliest, scammiest people in the entire world screw everyone...get richer... and skate on. It's a recurring lifeform on the planet: the flea, the lamprey, the leech, the tic, the sociopathic human.

20 minutes ago, Icecaveman said:

Sounds about right. And what that realistically means? Dead on arrival. 

Users are bailing hard and fast already. To wait, in hope and in faith 3-4 more years, after 6-7 years of transition already? A few trusting souls will hold on, bleeding subscription money thru i.v. tubes to Maxon central.

A few, not many.

The part I feel worst about? After the users are screwed, the Maxon software developers are screwed...McGraven will celebrate driving this off the cliff...with a massive party with all the money he grifted from the parent company Nemetschek.

The ugliest scammiest people in the entire world screw everyone...and skate on.

🥴 Jeez. That went from 0 to 100 pretty quick. You ok over there?

34 minutes ago, Icecaveman said:

The part I feel worst about? After the users are screwed, after the Maxon software developers and staff are screwed...McGraven will celebrate driving this off the cliff...with a massive party with all the money he grifted from the parent company Nemetschek.

The ugliest, scammiest people in the entire world screw everyone...get richer... and skate on. It's a recurring lifeform on the planet: the flea, the lamprey, the leech, the tic, the sociopathic human.

Icecaveman If you read this again, you will shure recognize, that this goes to far. Don't you think? But Everyone gets carried away once in a while.

@Icecaveman It is one thing to speculate / venture an opinion about the future of the software, but rather another to make a personal attack on an individual person, comparing them to some blood-sucking life form and implying they are taking joy in the despair of others, which is what you have done above, and is neither justified nor helpful. Nor does it make you look any more reasonable or rational. Personally I think you owe Dave an apology.

CBR

Dave owes all of us an apology. Bigtime.

With all the lies and greasy salesmanship and failed promises and broken product features? At what time do you say, Enough!? At what point do customers hold companies accountable?

Correct me where I am wrong? Longtime customers are utterly screwed. Devs are next. C4d is dying and all those who staked to it's future suffer for it.  We all see it. (all those not in denial)

And it happened under who's watch?!? Under who's leadership?