Cinema R25 Release

Guest Igor

Sooo....let me see if I got this right.   What is new in R25 (top items): 

• New interface (not sure if that is a plus as sometimes a new interfaces have a learning curve_)
  • Spline import
  • Capsules.
  • ????

Am I missing something?

This is where my prediction that subscriptions invite lack of updates due to a captured financial base come true.

Judging that their launch show today immediately glossed over C4D's new features with a pretty cool presentation on a Red Giant plugin (Bang) may reinforce my fear that this release is in fact very lean.

Today is a good day for....Blender.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Uff, maybe there is more meat to it, but judging by this page and the two sentences by the CEO regarding R25 this is even less ambitious then I feared it would be. 

- new modern UI: hell, the UI is not Cinemas weak point

- better spline Import: yeah, might be important for some users

- capsules: does this mean, this is not a tech preview any more?

And they didn't manage to update the page behind the "See More" link?

Well maybe watching some videos on it later this evening will enlighten me 😕

• Guest changed the title to Cinema R25 Release Announcement
8 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Sooo....let me see if I got this right.   What is new in R25 (top items): 

• New interface (not sure if that is a plus as sometimes a new interfaces have a learning curve_)
  • Spline import
  • Capsules.
  • ????

Am I missing something?

Yes. You missed the "preset system" ! It's also one of the "rich feature" from R25 !!!

And  the cylinder icon was also updated. It's now slightly bigger than before, 1 pixel if I'm correct. Apparently it will be easier now to click on it, and be more creative.

• Customer

19 minutes ago, christianS said:

- capsules: does this mean, this is not a tech preview any more?

In EJ's preview he mentions he wouldn't consider capsules production ready

The Maxon R25 web-page is now up.  So on this page you can filter what is new by the following categories:  Create, Animate, Render and Workflow.

Create -- Empty.  Nothing to see here.  Please move on.

Animate -- Another complete goose egg of nothing.

Render -- Okay....I think there is a pattern here of nothing and now we have three strikes.

Workflow -- Hooray!  Something!  Five things of something:  UI, Capsules, Spline Import, Asset Browser, and Scene Manager.  Now the asset browser add on seems like something that missed the R24 bus -- but when you are starving, you'll eat anything.

Now the time between R24 and R25 was a bit shorter, but look at what Blender can get done in that same amount of time.  

So where did all the energy go?

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

2 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

The Maxon R25 web-page is now up.  So on this page you can filter what is new by the following categories:  Create, Animate, Render and Workflow.

Create -- Empty.  Nothing to see here.  Please move on.

Animate -- Another complete goose egg of nothing.

Render -- Okay....I think there is a pattern here of nothing and now we have three strikes.

Workflow -- Hooray!  Something!  Five things of something:  UI, Capsules, Spline Import, Asset Browser, and Scene Manager.  Now the asset browser add on seems like something that missed the R24 bus -- but when you are starving, you'll eat anything.

Now the time between R24 and R25 was a bit shorter, but look at what Blender can get done in that same amount of time.  

So where did all the energy go?

Dave

Funny that the default option is already set on "workflow" 
as if it was like "Here! Here is what you need to look first guys!"

All Maxon's energy went into filling up their pockets as much as they could, investing the least as possible on actual improvements and updates.
The Blenderish interface is also a joke. Couldnt they have coppied another Blender's s great things? Like, animation, viewport performance, realtime render? 
No, even for that, they want to invest the least energy as possible.

I don't understand this either. What is Maxon basing these changes on? Did they get tons of complaints about the interface and workflow from their largest clients? It had to come from somewhere. Its pretty but I have to look for everything. Haha

• Guest changed the title to Cinema R25 Release
  • Guest unfeatured this topic

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community