Cinema R25 Release

Guest Igor

48 minutes ago, cinomadic said:

User Relations

Blender's Developers are easily accessible by forums and chats. I've raised the issue on this forum many times that C4D seems uninterested in its users' feature requests based on their lack of investment in collecting them. Users don't feel valued. Maxon: COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR USERS! We've been holding on to this app for a long time with little reason to continue. Obviously leadership need to make the call when there are tough decisions and they know the budgetary implications, but C4D's roadmap currently feels very broken. It's only revealed at these release dates and sets the software up for a let down. The employees all reflect that in their presentations too.

I talk with users a lot, and it's the thing I love most about my job. I just had the opportunity to hang out with 100+ designers at Camp Mograph last weekend and it was awesome. I'm really bummed the in-person opportunities have been scarce the last two years (and will remain so for a bit longer it seems). Once they resume though, I encourage everyone to wander up and chat. I look just like the picture there on the left.

I'll admit that with all the organizational change and COVID crap we've been dealing with the past couple years it's been a bit tricky for me to replace those in-person conversations. I find the forum structure a bit difficult and tend to focus on more chat-style interactions on slack and discord. But if you have feedback I encourage you to DM me here (which I think notifies me) or find me elsewhere on the interwebs.

What I really love to discuss is your individual workflows. It's super helpful to talk about what problems you encounter and what would help you create new looks or more efficiently. To me that's way more profitable than talking about this-or-that feature from another app. I know those apps have those features, but what I want for C4D is to create new workflows.

1 hour ago, RBarrett said:

I talk with users a lot, and it's the thing I love most about my job. I just had the opportunity to hang out with 100+ designers at Camp Mograph last weekend and it was awesome. I'm really bummed the in-person opportunities have been scarce the last two years (and will remain so for a bit longer it seems). Once they resume though, I encourage everyone to wander up and chat. I look just like the picture there on the left.

I'll admit that with all the organizational change and COVID crap we've been dealing with the past couple years it's been a bit tricky for me to replace those in-person conversations. I find the forum structure a bit difficult and tend to focus on more chat-style interactions on slack and discord. But if you have feedback I encourage you to DM me here (which I think notifies me) or find me elsewhere on the interwebs.

What I really love to discuss is your individual workflows. It's super helpful to talk about what problems you encounter and what would help you create new looks or more efficiently. To me that's way more profitable than talking about this-or-that feature from another app. I know those apps have those features, but what I want for C4D is to create new workflows.

I definitely wasn't talking about you, @RBarrett, with regards to User Relations, but Maxon as a company compared to the Blender Foundation. You certainly have made yourself accessible. Thanks for that and I will message you about my personal workflow. The features I mentioned are relevant to your interest in user workflows. Also, the Feature Request & Developer transparency issues were raised prior to COVID and I imagine the Maxon-User exchange will always be most alive through online channels over in-person.

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Yep, and they have every right to continue to do so if they feel Maxon continues to release weak updates ! All the opinions from all the people are valid (the ones doing hate for hate's sake tend to be transparently obvious, so exclude themselves !) and should be heard by the community and by Maxon ! Leaving any software is a big wrench if you use it every day, or have done for some time, so I think it's understandable that long term users drop a rant or 2, and a bit unfair to label them cowardly for not jumping ship earlier... I imagine most of these people love Cinema like I do, and really don't want to go, but voice their opinions inthe hope they may be heard if they say it enough, and who can blame them for that ?!

CBR

Thank you Cerbera 🙂

8 minutes ago, Zmotion said:

Nope. Everybody is responsible for the choices they made themselves.  They made a choice and then keep complaining about it for years...

Who's the bigger complainer, the complainer or the one that complains about complainers complaining?

1 hour ago, Zmotion said:

Nope. Everybody is responsible for the choices they made themselves.  They made a choice and then keep complaining about it for years...

Sorry, that's just bullshit.

People have different reasons to stay, be it not having to learn something else, not being able to financally afford to cripple their workflow for months or just straight up attachement to the software. Pretty much the only thing people complain about is not getting cool new stuff, that doesn't mean older versions are insufficiant for their workflows. It just means people are pissed that they're pushed into a subscription and not getting anything in return.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

6 hours ago, mrittman said:

I know I've left out some other tools like gltf exporting, delta mush, timeline filtering, deformer indicators, scene nodes (not production ready), python 3, tween tool, etc. But honestly, none of these are absolute game-changers that can justify paying $2100 for.

Delta Mush was already a free plugin for R21 anyway (and it is fantastic) https://www.valkaari.com/?product=delta-mush

• Guest changed the title to Cinema R25 Release
  • Guest unfeatured this topic