Cinema R25 Release

Guest Igor

16 minutes ago, Igor said:

Keep me updated, I am curious how it will finish. But if people knew these topic’s before applying then I guess they knew in what they are getting into. Otherwise it’s gonna be very hard for them. First and best thing you can do is to simply start with SOPs, or surface operators. 

Yes, will keep you updated. And to be fair, the course outline and requirements did state that prior 3d experience is preferred.

I just wonder why on Earth so many people with no 3D experience whatsoever are participating in this course then! 😉 Can't imagine how they feel right now. Instead of producing actual work we are talking about VOPS and VEX and drivers with variables.

1 hour ago, Igor said:

I have a plan which I already started to unveil and as soon as H19 is out I will record beginner tutorial on Houdini and show what can be done without touching VEX or VOPS.  

Looking forward to this. I might actually start learning Houdini if it can be done in a fun way. 

2 minutes ago, kbar said:

Looking forward to this. I might actually start learning Houdini if it can be done in a fun way. 

Which makes me even more motivated. 🙂 

On 10/1/2021 at 4:38 AM, FLima said:

Lol... did I get the release / fields update wrong? Haha!
Sorry hehe.  For some reason, the subscription implementation and the with fields happened at the same time! 

Yes. Paid extra for a perpetual R20 license, but that included the fields feature. As Matt, one of our bright friends from the UK has said, there's not been much since V20 that really improves C4d in any significant way--and since then all kinds of hassles.

On 9/28/2021 at 3:05 AM, Pinin said:

There many kind of 3D users. Some are more social, eventual tribal while others are utilitarian and do not care what they use as long as it fits for the job. 

If you check, the most disappointed users are those they preached Cinema 4D to everyone while ago, they were invested in software not only as simple tool but as a somewhat extension of their identity.

This also intersect with what kind of artists and professional we are and if we even like to do 3D. Some might like to do 3D for the results they can achieve but not for the journey of clicking buttons and working with the software- i am a bit like that - while others really like to work with software.  For me i like much more to draw than to work with 3D - only the fluidity of using Sketchup gave me pleasure , i am sure if  i had a haptic interface to model i might enjoy it too- Nevertheless i feel realised when i achieve some good 3d simulation, or i have some work in public : commercials, projection shows, architecture presentations, these last ones as long as it was not routine.

I was always a hobbyist but I invested a lot of time with this community. I come back because it became part of me and not keeping in touch is somewhat like leaving friends behind. it is difficult. I come back to see some of the old heads. 

23 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

. . . Right up there with 3D Kiwi's little blue airplane tutorial (okay...as it has been some time and we have many new members, is there anyone out there who has never heard of the Little Blue airplane tutorial?).

Very cool Igor.    I can see why once you have successfully made that transition, you can see the whole new world that Houdini opens up to you.

Dave

yes I remember that. he also had a a great extending pipes tutorial where there were three pipes and they all extended out without coming out from each other. also his cardman which taught motion and he did an orrery tutorial. 

any old heads remember Rafi in US support.  in a post all you had to do was say Rafi and everyone knew who you were talking about.

those were the daze. 

19 hours ago, bobc4d said:

yes I remember that. he also had a a great extending pipes tutorial where there were three pipes and they all extended out without coming out from each other. also his cardman which taught motion and he did an orrery tutorial. 

any old heads remember Rafi in US support.  in a post all you had to do was say Rafi and everyone knew who you were talking about.

those were the daze. 

I have nothing but the fondest memories of working with Rafi Barbos to get my new license with each update.  Remember, this goes way back to the days when you actually got a box shipped to your house.

Back around 2005, when Maxon had a heart for its hobbyists, I was only using Prime.  Well, after a short call with Rafi trying to navigate the path from Prime to Studio with the next release, she understood that I was a hobbyist and gave me the upgrade to Studio for that new release for over 50% off.  Per her request, I kept that deal a secret all these years.  As she no longer works with Maxon (she left in 2007), I feel that our deep dark secret can finally be revealed after 16 years.

Do you think a Direct Sales Manager with her level of empathy would fit in with today's Maxon?

Sorry to say...I think those days are long gone.  But should any Maxon employee feel differently and wish to refute that position, I am always open to saving on my next perpetual license so please feel free to PM me.  Rest assured, I can keep a secret until it is no longer worth keeping no matter how long it takes.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

1 hour ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Remember, this goes way back to the days when you actually got a box shipped to your house.

That's not long ago! R13, R14, R15, R16 and R17

c4d-boxes.jpg.dd66e2f4a4ab14e9ef3c0c3d5c6383dc.jpg

R13 unboxed, two DVDs, color stickers (have no idea what they were supposed to be used for), installation guide, cloth to wipe your glasses (I assume) and last, but not the least, a user manual. The latter is very interesting to read, because I always discover a couple of things I either did not know, or have forgotten about, Nothing beats a booklet you can hold in your hand.
c4d-r13-unboxed.jpg.42e2b844d4b1cad7c4140e351444524c.jpg

-Ingvar 

On 10/2/2021 at 9:21 AM, 3D-Pangel said:

Is your friend Andrew Price (aka Blender Guru).  His donut tutorial is a very famous beginners tutorial for Blender newbies.   Right up there with 3D Kiwi's little blue airplane tutorial (okay...as it has been some time and we have many new members, is there anyone out there who has never heard of the Little Blue airplane tutorial?).

Very cool Igor.    I can see why once you have successfully made that transition, you can see the whole new world that Houdini opens up to you.

Dave

Hi Dave. Thanks for reminding me. I had a lot of fun making that tutorial. Image attached. 

I'm not doing a lot of 3D these days. I haven't renewed my Modo subscription this year. They've gone a bit like Maxon with mediocre releases of late. Any 3D stuff I do is designing Lego motorcycles using a free online Lego modeller Mecabricks. So I've gone from making 3D Lego models to actually making real ones. I was doing this before but now I'm a bit more serious about it. Attached is my latest creation finished yesterday. Not quite finished as the exhaust hoses are wrong. I'm waiting for some different length hoses to arrive in the post. This is based off someone else's design but I had to deconstruct it based upon some photos they put online back in 2015. 90% their work, 10% mine. Lazareth LM 847. Has a Maserati V8 engine. I've now got about 50 Lego motorcycles in my collection.

Glad I'm not still waiting for the Bodypaint / UV Editing updates promised years ago in Cinema 4D. Apart from the interface changes and a couple of small enhancements to the UV tools, nothing much has changed since I jumped ship with the dismal R17 release.

Cheers

Nigel / 3DKiwi

Lazareth.jpg

T64Large.jpg

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community