Jump to content

Dear Visitors

If your confirmation email doesn't arrive, give us some time while we manually approve your account. Support ticket is not necessary, we are checking new registrations regularly and approving if registration requirements are met.

Please read Rules & Guidelines before posting around Forums. Information we seek is minimal and in the end saves us a lot of time and we are able to provide solutions faster.

Please consider supporting us via Contributions for all the work we are doing. Contributing even with the smallest amount, will remove ALL AD's and unlock some nice features like being able to be Tipped for providing help, or file etc.


Cinema R25 Release


Igor

Recommended Posts

So, since Maxon people are listening to this forum and I don't know any other way to give maxon feedback or a wishlist, I try it here:

First of all, I like the new interface a lot. Even if I always rearrange the editors and windows to my 4k-Display which makes the 4 "hot-corner-buttons" somewhat useless, it feels much more up-to-date and sophisticated to me. BUT:

1) The top toolbar distracts the fast access of the menues. While it's great to copy things between projects via tabs, it is a thick bar on the top and all the menues are below it which makes ist harder to access (probably not on Mac - I'm on a PC). So, I would like a preference setting to switch the top toolbar on and off.


2) The Conten Browser is gone now (shock for me) and I imported all my 200 Gigs of stuff into the asset browser - resulting in an asset library of 23934 directories with 230,971 files! I hope I'm not running in some limitation of the capacity of the assetbrowser or the windows file system.....
But what I miss a lot now, is the ability to browse on the harddrive. With the content browser, I was able to quickly browse through my HDRI files which were fast displayed as miniatures (100x faster than the "content browser" in Maya).  That option is now gone and I tried to find some replacement (perhaps Adobe Bridge, but I don't like it). Of course I coud import all HDRI to the asset browser too, but these are GBytes and afterwards I have hundred of duplicates on my system). So please bring back some sort of Filebrowsing with Icons.

3) I like the Virtual Sliders on Numeric Attributes but it could be improved. In After Effects, you can do similar but while pressing the Alt-Key, the sensitivity changes that you can better finetune. What about pressing Shift while sliding changes x10 and Alt /10. (Hope you understand what I mean). That would be nice to have.

4) It seems, that yet not all Icons were ready for release (i.e. "QuickShading Lines"). I hope, they are coming soon 😉

 

5) Another whish while I'm whishing: Since I have 2 computers but 1 license it would be nice to have a preference option to free the license when quitting as a default. Even made as a button in the interface, I too often close the window to exit.

 

6) Redshift integration. This topic is to to big for now and sould be addressed to the redshift-forum, but a working viewport resemblence of lights and redshiftmaterials would be more than welcome.

 

So much for now,
best wishes,

Marco

Link to comment

As I could no longer find my old customized UI, this is a small example of why I'm thinking the new UI is a major improvement over the old UI, if you were like me, and used lots of plugins, you probably have customized layouts for everything, and if you are a plugin developer, please use the dynamic bars and corner buttons to expand your plugin, so we can keep using a clean interface. For example, maybe we no longer we need to have separate palette for every insydium icon in existence, or for the smoke plugin I cant remember its name, but I have to add the make cache somewhere on the menu because I use it a lot.

 

Im attaching Xparticles and HB modeling kit as an example of amazing icons and palettes that can find a way to coexist with dynamic bars and corner buttons, or the new snap button on top bar that pop ups more icons, instead of having to find some space on the viewport to attach them all.

 

Funny tough, everyone praised Holger Biebrach when he added the palette to the right side of the menu between viewport and outliner... and now everyone hates the same spot when Maxon did it.

Untitled-1.jpg

image-asset.png

load_palette_2.jpg

Link to comment

I know remember why my old UI was colorful and I thought Maxon didnt used color schemes for icons... It was because I have every icon in existence on my old UI before they added Commander.

Link to comment

Sorry, third post in a row.. Maxon devs.... this one is great, I want more popup menus like this guy. This clean up the interface and I dont remember if we had popups before, but its very useful (yes I know Blender did it first... well we did Mograh first)

 

 

Untitled-1.jpg

Link to comment
1 minute ago, MazurBr said:

Some people here, like @luchifer, argued that's the same thing with new versions of Maya and other software. Well, it's not. It's true we can't use a Mental Ray tutorial in Maya anymore, but that was always an add-on render. I'm talking about the overall UI. The OVERALL interface of Maya it's the same since version 1. The colors and icons changed but they are mostly in the same place, windows in the same place, etc... The same can be said for 3ds Max, ZBrush and After Effects (you can still watch Videocopilot AE course from 2007 and learn how to use the software) and so many others. 

 

 

You know why complaining about not being able to following tutorials and mention Zbrush is really stretching it ?

 

This is why... (yihuu tutorials)

 

 

Untitled-2.jpg

Link to comment

Hello, everyone!

I read the whole of this interesting discussion and wise words were spoken from both sides - customers and people from Maxon. 
First of all this is great that people from Maxon are here and are involved in discussion - thanks a lot!
 

All these emotions clearly show us one thing - we all like/love C4D and want to use this program (even I, although I'm fresh user 🙂 I see one major problem - customers don't get what they want, or they don't know what they will get. So maybe the easiest solution is an official roadmap? Maxon publish simple roadmap - "Now we are working on..., In the next release you can expect... etc.". Customers could participate in making this roadmap. For example - I read a lot of complaints about performance when you work with heavy riggs and also people ask for refreshing modelling tools - put this on roadmap - and then everybody can see - "Ah, OK, they are working on that - great!" Just like that.
 

What more - people can evaluate, where C4D is going. If you can't see in roadmap any new features or improvements in e.g. sculpting tools - OK, clear situation, now I know that I have to invest in e.g. ZBrush. And this is in my opinion much better because like @FLima said - we invest our time in tools we use. Good to know in which one we have to invest this time. 
 

OK, now my personal example. I'm preparing a script for short animation and looking for some technical solutions. I made some tests in other programs, now it's time for Cinema. Like I mentioned before, I'm fresh users, but I really love work in Cinema. But I heard that C4D has problem with performance. For me, this could be a huge problem. And @RBarrett few posts before explain that - they know about that and working on that - great news! But I read that by accident, "somewhere" on forum 🙂 Will be great if I could find this info on official website.
 

And I think this "where C4D is going" thing is very important. Because this will give us answers - what in the future I could do in C4D. Can people like me count on C4D in near future, when they prepare projects driven by character animations? A lot of people ask about Redshift - will be native renderer or not? What about Body paint? Clear statements could begin some discussion with customers. Customers could say, that they don't need Body paint, there is one popular soft for that and there is no sense to fight with them. And this is also some feedback for Maxon - people don't want features for Body paint, because they have used another soft for 3-4 years, and we don't have to bother with Body paint. Great feedback - we can move some of our resources from Body paint to Modelling tools. Of course this is only an example 🙂
 

I start to repeat myself, so to summarize my post - DISCUSSION, we all have to find way for better communication (all - Maxon and community, because we are in one team).
 

Thanks!
 

Link to comment
30 minutes ago, PiotrB said:

Hello, everyone!

I read the whole of this interesting discussion and wise words were spoken from both sides - customers and people from Maxon. 
First of all this is great that people from Maxon are here and are involved in discussion - thanks a lot!
 

All these emotions clearly show us one thing - we all like/love C4D and want to use this program (even I, although I'm fresh user 🙂 I see one major problem - customers don't get what they want, or they don't know what they will get. So maybe the easiest solution is an official roadmap? Maxon publish simple roadmap - "Now we are working on..., In the next release you can expect... etc.". Customers could participate in making this roadmap. For example - I read a lot of complaints about performance when you work with heavy riggs and also people ask for refreshing modelling tools - put this on roadmap - and then everybody can see - "Ah, OK, they are working on that - great!" Just like that.
 

What more - people can evaluate, where C4D is going. If you can't see in roadmap any new features or improvements in e.g. sculpting tools - OK, clear
 

It is a good insight @PiotrB 🙂 Thanks for sharing with us.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, PiotrB said:

But I read that by accident, "somewhere" on forum 🙂 Will be great if I could find this info on official website.

 

I'm sure you can understand why marketing isn't going to emblazon that on the website, nor should they because the performance issues don't affect all users. When advanced users bring it up - here or elsewhere or in technical support we're happy to talk it out and explain that we're working on it. There was a blog at one point where we talked about the new core efforts, but I think it unfortunately dropped off with the last website redesign.

 

I get the desire to have these things in a more central, website location, but that's also a bit counter to the whole idea of an ongoing conversation with the community about this stuff.

 

 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, MarcoVN said:

1) The top toolbar distracts the fast access of the menues.... So, I would like a preference setting to switch the top toolbar on and off.

 

We can look into that.

 

3 hours ago, MarcoVN said:


2) But what I miss a lot now, is the ability to browse on the harddrive.

 

Our analytics didn't show this feature was being used a whole lot, and honestly it seemed slow and troublesome - particularly with network drives. But we've heard the feedback on this.

 

3 hours ago, MarcoVN said:


3) I like the Virtual Sliders on Numeric Attributes but it could be improved.... What about pressing Shift while sliding changes x10 and Alt /10.

 

This should work exactly like that - it does here. Shift changes x10 and Alt x0.1

 

3 hours ago, MarcoVN said:

4) It seems, that yet not all Icons were ready for release (i.e. "QuickShading Lines"). I hope, they are coming soon 😉

 

Some icons were omitted with the goal of making the menus clearer - to offer some 'placemarking'. We realize that's caused problems when some of these commands are used in palettes and we're working out a solution.

 

3 hours ago, MarcoVN said:

5) Another whish while I'm whishing: Since I have 2 computers but 1 license it would be nice to have a preference option to free the license when quitting as a default. Even made as a button in the interface, I too often close the window to exit.

 

Sometimes this isn't ideal - if you shut down and lose internet access (or hop on a plane). We do make it really easy to deactivate (remotely) via my.maxon.net

 

3 hours ago, MarcoVN said:

6) Redshift integration. This topic is to to big for now and sould be addressed to the redshift-forum, but a working viewport resemblence of lights and redshiftmaterials would be more than welcome.

 

 

Definitely something we'll be continuing to work on. Some of the Render Settings UI work for S24 was the first step. With R25 we added the conversion to RS lights, tweaked the light UI and embedded RS light types in menus. These efforts will continue. BTW if you don't know the preview for RS Node Materials is a little better than the Xpresso-based materials.

 

 

 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, luchifer said:

You know why complaining about not being able to following tutorials and mention Zbrush is really stretching it ?

 

This is why... (yihuu tutorials)

 

 

Untitled-2.jpg

 

I was with you until this.

 

I mean, zBrush in an interface discussion is kind of cheating, lol.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

Link to comment
1 minute ago, DasFrodo said:

 

I was with you until this.

 

I mean, zBrush in an interface discussion is kind of cheating, lol.

haha, yeah Im not sure why MazurBR mentioned Zbrush on the interface discussions, when It would be easier to talk about 2.79 to 2.80 Blender changes.  

 

Truth be told, I really think most people complaining about UI changes are people who make a living selling tutorials. I really wouldn't touch an old tutorial to teach newcomers because you cant really ask people to watch obsolete workflows just because the UI remains the same.

 

What do we got during these two years I lost because of covid? UDIM I think? I did this cool looking robot using UDIMs, a workflow I learned during quarantine.

187472554_10160088341596554_5741849670983195003_n.jpg

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Copyright Core 4D © 2021 Powered by Invision Community