Dear Visitors

If your confirmation email doesn't arrive, give us some time while we manually approve your account. Support ticket is not necessary, we are checking new registrations regularly and approving if registration requirements are met.

Please read Rules & Guidelines before posting around Forums. Information we seek is minimal and in the end saves us a lot of time and we are able to provide solutions faster.

Please consider supporting us via Contributions for all the work we are doing. Contributing even with the smallest amount, will remove ALL AD's and unlock some nice features like being able to be Tipped for providing help, or file etc.

Cinema R25 Release

Igor

3 hours ago, MarcoVN said:

1) The top toolbar distracts the fast access of the menues.... So, I would like a preference setting to switch the top toolbar on and off.

We can look into that.

2) But what I miss a lot now, is the ability to browse on the harddrive.

Our analytics didn't show this feature was being used a whole lot, and honestly it seemed slow and troublesome - particularly with network drives. But we've heard the feedback on this.

3) I like the Virtual Sliders on Numeric Attributes but it could be improved.... What about pressing Shift while sliding changes x10 and Alt /10.

This should work exactly like that - it does here. Shift changes x10 and Alt x0.1

4) It seems, that yet not all Icons were ready for release (i.e. "QuickShading Lines"). I hope, they are coming soon 😉

Some icons were omitted with the goal of making the menus clearer - to offer some 'placemarking'. We realize that's caused problems when some of these commands are used in palettes and we're working out a solution.

5) Another whish while I'm whishing: Since I have 2 computers but 1 license it would be nice to have a preference option to free the license when quitting as a default. Even made as a button in the interface, I too often close the window to exit.

Sometimes this isn't ideal - if you shut down and lose internet access (or hop on a plane). We do make it really easy to deactivate (remotely) via my.maxon.net

6) Redshift integration. This topic is to to big for now and sould be addressed to the redshift-forum, but a working viewport resemblence of lights and redshiftmaterials would be more than welcome.

Definitely something we'll be continuing to work on. Some of the Render Settings UI work for S24 was the first step. With R25 we added the conversion to RS lights, tweaked the light UI and embedded RS light types in menus. These efforts will continue. BTW if you don't know the preview for RS Node Materials is a little better than the Xpresso-based materials.

3 hours ago, luchifer said:

You know why complaining about not being able to following tutorials and mention Zbrush is really stretching it ?

This is why... (yihuu tutorials)

Untitled-2.jpg

I was with you until this.

I mean, zBrush in an interface discussion is kind of cheating, lol.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

1 minute ago, DasFrodo said:

I was with you until this.

I mean, zBrush in an interface discussion is kind of cheating, lol.

haha, yeah Im not sure why MazurBR mentioned Zbrush on the interface discussions, when It would be easier to talk about 2.79 to 2.80 Blender changes.  

Truth be told, I really think most people complaining about UI changes are people who make a living selling tutorials. I really wouldn't touch an old tutorial to teach newcomers because you cant really ask people to watch obsolete workflows just because the UI remains the same.

What do we got during these two years I lost because of covid? UDIM I think? I did this cool looking robot using UDIMs, a workflow I learned during quarantine.

187472554_10160088341596554_5741849670983195003_n.jpg

4 hours ago, MarcoVN said:

1) The top toolbar distracts the fast access of the menues. While it's great to copy things between projects via tabs, it is a thick bar on the top and all the menues are below it which makes ist harder to access (probably not on Mac - I'm on a PC). So, I would like a preference setting to switch the top toolbar on and off.

This has to be the worst design decision ever. While nice in some cases, it contradicts normal application GUI design (at least on Windows), and occupies space, unnecessary. You can always switch between projects via shortcut keys. (Assign a key to Next project). So there definitely is a need to turn this off. I don't have R25, and it is unlikely that I will purchase yet another C4D. I will stick to my ten C4D versions.
But if I had, I am sure it would annoy the hell out of me.

-Ingvar

12 minutes ago, luchifer said:

haha, yeah Im not sure why MazurBR mentioned Zbrush on the interface discussions, when It would be easier to talk about 2.79 to 2.80 Blender changes.  

Truth be told, I really think most people complaining about UI changes are people who make a living selling tutorials. I really wouldn't touch an old tutorial to teach newcomers because you cant really ask people to watch obsolete workflows just because the UI remains the same.

What do we got during these two years I lost because of covid? UDIM I think? I did this cool looking robot using UDIMs, a workflow I learned during quarantine.

187472554_10160088341596554_5741849670983195003_n.jpg

OMGGG... did you make that in Zbrush? 
This is so beautiful! 
Everytime I try to do some hard surface object... I give up on 5% completion.

10 hours ago, Cairyn said:

I'm not the Kwisatz Haderach, I don't know what will be. But I can't see Maxon getting into the paid training business at the moment, and Cineversity is one of the Subscription benefits, so at least for the near future, I don't really see that changing. As for the far future: changing the UI now for a possible paysite that may or may not be would be a bit too speculative.

I see issues with Cineversity tutorials less because of changed icons or toolbars... but more because of really changed functionality; either modified or overridden or even removed. That makes some older Cineversity tutorials obsolete. (I don't know if Maxon has a strategy to remove or redo those obsolete tuts.) Remember that we already had a major icon overhaul, from the colorful Amiga-look ones to the later color-coded flat ones, and that did not really make every tut in existence useless. (But I admit that changes in the GUI do make following tuts difficult.)

Actually I'd prefer to criticise Maxon for what they do / have done, not for hypothetical stuff in the future. There is enough of that stuff to fill the thread.

you might not be Kwisatz Haderach but one needs to be a mentat to figure out whats going on