Cinema R25 Release

Guest Igor

First of all, I really hoped my first post in this forum would be something positive. I'm a C4D user since R9 (hobbyist and student) and working professionally since R14. Since then, almsot every update was more or less a dissapointment. I stayed on S22 since 23 and 24 didn't offer any but plugin incompability and less speed and stability... and now R25, which I'm currently downloading to test it for myself. But after reading some stuff since yesterday I'm actually shocked how far maxon come.

I new interface? I'm fine with it, even if it as blender rip off. I still expect it to serve my needs so I don't see a problem in changing it.

But the lack of ANY other feature? Would be fine as well if the ominous new core would FINALLY deliver some real speed improvement. Each and every project I start is so much fun in the beginning and after 2 days its optimzing, splitting files and other stuff for rather simple stuff. Meanwhile my Threadripper and 2080 ti's idle and are bored AF.

I can't even say what I was expecting are hoping for... but seeing even 3dsmax getting nice new stuff (the new modeling tools looked pretty sweet) makes me wanna get SOMETHING. 😄

We are only a 2 man show so a transition to another pipeline would be quiete big deal. We probably gonna renew one more time and see what comes next year. But if there isn't something with a bang coming, we really have to consider switching to blender, houdini and UE5.

Beside the lack of new stuff to play around with it is utterly sad seeing the path maxon is choosing as a company. IMO bringin in an Adobe guy was an obvious bad idea. Everything the community feared is happening.

Edit: alright, after opening it for the first time I probably need a weekend to get all my shit back to the way I want it. 😄
designwise it looks nice... lets see how it will take to find all the stuff. The biggest feature for mee so far seems to be the tab manager. We just bought dr tab for R24 but their licensing policy seems to be utterly shitty and xstab isn't working in 23 and 24. So bringing this groundbreaking feature is a real joy to see ;D

2 hours ago, Dez said:

image.png.597a1dee45a03043eb9a177f12c5aa89.png

Another important detail in the interface - replacing drop-down lists with buttons. It saves a second when you know exactly which plane you should select. And when you don't know which option you want, it saves seconds. And if you count how many times a day you need to press these lists, it adds up a huge amount of time which may add up to a solid amount of time in a year. Which in terms of money ... Curious to make statistics - how much time/money can be saved by the new interface?

https://skr.sh/vA3Xpan9CwS

I always just used mousewheel on these menus until I got the result I needed, so no difference for me here 😉

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

This release is a disgrace, simple as that. I suspect they ran out of time with some new stuff but it seems they are struggling to deliver since they lost their best people. One can notice that people who worked for Maxon previously are now moving on (check this forum and social media for hints) so it is clear that thigns are going south. nobody talks mograph anymore since it is dead now once the main developer who was in fact the brain behind it left. He posted he is now turning towards Unreal and Blender

Also it seems that this community is turning into general one instead of Cinema only and Igor worked there so there must be a reason. He is most likely well aware of how things will go so he is transforming the community slowly

So, if someone from Maxon managers is reading this, well, you guys dropped the ball and it is time to do some proper investigation why your software is failing and community dissolving in Lightwave fashion. I would say that there is very little time to reverse this, judging by comments here and all over the place. If you have no clear goal in sight community can surely help, just ask

Edited by Hrvoje
language please :) (see edit history)
49 minutes ago, DasFrodo said:

I always just used mousewheel ....

C4D is good because it is convenient for Wacom users.
Unfortunately, it is not convenient for 3DConnexion users, but that's another conversation.

image.png.161a1559fc00989ace064643e8ebf615.png

12 minutes ago, Dez said:

Unfortunately, it is not convenient for 3DConnexion users, but that's another conversation.

Pfft. I had offered CollieMouse (an alternative 3Dconnexion manager) for years, but the response was zilch.

I also had a project tab plugin on my Patreon that works under R23 (and has no licensing issues), but no one wanted that either. *shrug*

7 minutes ago, Cairyn said:

I also had a project tab plugin on my Patreon that works under R23 (and has no licensing issues), but no one wanted that either. *shrug*

Then you should talk to google because it didn't show me your version when I searched for an xstab alternative. 😄

Would have gladly paid you some bugs instead of the dr tab guys...

So overall it appears from most people here that R25 is another underwhelming update to C4D…

What I would like to know is who comes up with the new improvements? Is it Maxon HQ? Do they listen to the users? Is it based on what other software developers are doing? If it is based on listening to the users there must be a lot of users out there that wanted a new UI which I find very hard to believe…

I found that R23 was the most buggy version of C4D I had ever used S24 was MUCH better, in fact R23 nearly put me off using C4D but I don't really want to learn another 3D app. Now I need to learn the new UI and am nervous 🙂

43 minutes ago, esnoox said:

Then you should talk to google because it didn't show me your version when I searched for an xstab alternative. 😄

Would have gladly paid you some bugs instead of the dr tab guys...

I am not sure if paying a developer in bugs is a popular currency 😄

2 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

I always just used mousewheel on these menus until I got the result I needed, so no difference for me here

Same here : )
In fact if you can't 'scroll through the buttons' - and I've no idea if you can, I've no interest in downloading R25 - that looks slower to me. Click the button, look at the object, find the next button... repeat. 

• Guest changed the title to Cinema R25 Release
  • Guest unfeatured this topic

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community