Content Browser is removed in R25

janheylen

'The Content Browser has been deprecated and removed. A new menu option in the Asset Browser allows users to choose a lib4d and convert to assets.'

I don't like the way the new asset browser copies and renames all files so they can only be accessed within the C4D application.

I think a lot of users use the legacy content browser as part of their workflow. Why remove the option?

Not only does R25 add no new features but it actually removes functionality?

In R25 can u create catalogues from asset browser?
The only function I am after is, pointing to some directories that I have so i can browse and drag n drop my textures or files in c4d viewport. But in S24 this wasnt possible. Is that in R25?

Thanks

• Cerbera changed the title to Content Browser is removed in R25
  • 4 months later...
On 1/26/2022 at 4:43 PM, Pfisterer said:

The more i use that new browser the more i hate it. Startup time is midieval as well.

I host my Asset Databeses on my NAS, 1gBit Ethernet... that might slow shit down. If i is coded so that everthing needs to be read first.... which is silly.

6 hours ago, Pfisterer said:

I host my Asset Databeses on my NAS, 1gBit Ethernet... that might slow shit down. If i is coded so that everthing needs to be read first.... which is silly.

It is absolutely sensible and normal to host a database over the network on a fileserver. I basically have no production files on my workstation. A new system really should be fine with that.

with new system i cant open anything without waiting. sometimes 20-30 second, sometimes nearly 1 min. cant add any gradient or curve preset without waiting. assets, models and others is ok to keep on cloud. but a curve preset_? gradient preset? they are just few kilobytes. but you sould connect to server first.... its annoying. i am just stopped use content browser because of this reason and doing own saves as presets. new browser also not capable to browser computer. its just a trash for me.

Apologies if this post is a repeat but I think it got wiped out when Core4D had its crash this weekend.

I do agree that being able to download the Maxon asset library one asset at a time (as opposed to the entire 6 Gb file) has its advantages, but does it also mean that access to that asset library is just one more perk ONLY available to subscription licenses holders?

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

3 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Apologies if this post is a repeat but I think it got wiped out when Core4D had its crash this weekend.

I do agree that being able to download the Maxon asset library one asset at a time (as opposed to the entire 6 Gb file) has its advantages, but does it also mean that access to that asset library is just one more perk ONLY available to subscription licenses holders?

Dave

As I understood it ( I think mentioned from Dave McGavran somewhere in the forum) you keep access to the assets that where available when you purchased your perpetual license. As they have a versioning system in the database this might even work for assets that get updated. The only question is how long they are willing to host legacy assets. Perpetual is a long time.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community