UV to mesh & back?

Sandidolsak

Hello, with nodes they added UV to mesh node, which was buggy until R25, seems OK now.

I have been using a plugin for this for many years called "UV to object" but I need to keep R19 installed for it. The main benefit was using deformers on UVs, which obviously you cant in UV editor.

Now it seems this could be possible with nodes, does anyone have an idea how I could write the result of UV to mesh, back to UV tag? Or is it even possible?

Thanks,

Sandi

• Sandidolsak changed the title to UV to mesh & back?

Hi Sandidolsak,

UV to mesh is an asset and an very simple one at the same time. If you drag it to the nodes editor, select it, somewhere in the node editor menu is "convert asset to group" or something like that. Sorry, don't have it in front of me. You can then inspect how uv to mesh works and maybe invert that logic. Note that the topology you set needs to keep the same polygon count. 

Regards

Fritz

Quick question, if I wanted to do this in 2 steps, so I can deform it with classic deformers, what would be the way to setup the MeshToUV part since it needs original geometry, but the node input after classic deformer has no way of knowing whats the original mesh?

I made a copy of the original object to have it working, but it would be nice to have it procedural, is this possible?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-09-18 085348.png

UV2MeshAndBack_01.c4d

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community