Missing Forum Posts

JThreeD

Are you saying the old posts have been deleted or just archived? Is there a way to make them available? There are a lot of answers within those old posts. I understand this is a hard thing to manage, I greatly appreciate your efforts.

Currently trying to view the post "Nested Cloners And Time Offsets", but again "We could not find that topic"

https://www.core4d.com/ipb/forums/topic/63166-nested-cloners-and-time-offsets/

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, JThreeD said:

Are you saying the old posts have been deleted or just archived? Is there a way to make them available? There are a lot of answers within those old posts. I understand this is a hard thing to manage, I greatly appreciate your efforts.

While I understand some of those might stay relevant for some more time, I had to decide will I clean everything now or later. If I would have waited and just prolong this, I would be in much worse situation with a lot more work on my plate. I spend hours and hours cleaning stuff in the past few days and adding appropriate Tags. It was just not realistic to do all of that for all topics. Cinema 4D is changing its way rapidly and more topics will become irrelevant soon, but at least those will be easier to handle.

If you seek an answer, simply ask, as that's why we are here. 

Ok, I understand. It's a shame the Google results are dead ends. I watched a video recently about the burning of the library of Alexandria, they suggest a lot of it was superfluous by the time it burned. Life moves on I guess 🙂

7 minutes ago, JThreeD said:

Ok, I understand. It's a shame the Google results are dead ends. I watched a video recently about the burning of the library of Alexandria, they suggest a lot of it was superfluous by the time it burned. Life moves on I guess 🙂

Thanks for understanding, I am trying my best with what I have...

You know, it actually pains me to suggest this, but if you guys are really set on wiping out old forum posts, perhaps you can request google to crawl the site and update their search results so it doesn't keep linking dead posts. I don't know if google's crawler is specifically looking for a 404 error or something like that. I apologize if you thought of it already.

7 minutes ago, JThreeD said:

You know, it actually pains me to suggest this, but if you guys are really set on wiping out old forum posts, perhaps you can request google to crawl the site and update their search results so it doesn't keep linking dead posts. I don't know if google's crawler is specifically looking for a 404 error or something like that. I apologize if you thought of it already.

That is on my list, but first I need to figure out how to do that...as I am not sure how google see those topics while they are deleted. 

I far as I know, 2017 was the last year, now it could be that there were some 2018 caught in the deleting process. Simply because I was able to delete 100 topics per page. So I believe I might have deleted some of 2018 topics. Thats on me I guess...Ill check how can I resolve this Google issue tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

22 hours ago, Igor said:

I far as I know, 2017 was the last year, now it could be that there were some 2018 caught in the deleting process. Simply because I was able to delete 100 topics per page. So I believe I might have deleted some of 2018 topics. Thats on me I guess...Ill check how can I resolve this Google issue tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Oof, to be honest that sounds like a fairly recent date to be throwing away content, can't say that isn't disappointing to hear. Deleting posts with no replies makes sense, but to blanket deleting all posts only 4-6 years old seems kind of nuclear.

I understand running a forum like this is a lot of work and I you certainly have no obligation to a single user, just voicing my opinion is all. Regardless, thanks again for you efforts.