Angle difference between 2 matrices

Sandidolsak
Go to solution Solved by srek,

Yeah, did a direct translation of the nodes and this is what it comes out

speed =  u.VectorMax(c4d.Vector(abs(math.acos(mx[i].v1.Dot(p_mx[i].v1))), abs(math.acos(mx[i].v2.Dot(p_mx[i].v2))) , abs(math.acos(mx[i].v3.Dot(p_mx[i].v3)))))

The only difference is I take the largest value of the 3 instead of building the color, looks like it works nicely.

Thanks again!!!

1 hour ago, Sandidolsak said:

Yeah, did a direct translation of the nodes and this is what it comes out

speed =  u.VectorMax(c4d.Vector(abs(math.acos(mx[i].v1.Dot(p_mx[i].v1))), abs(math.acos(mx[i].v2.Dot(p_mx[i].v2))) , abs(math.acos(mx[i].v3.Dot(p_mx[i].v3)))))

The only difference is I take the largest value of the 3 instead of building the color, looks like it works nicely.

Thanks again!!!

Just a remark, Python is unlikely to be faster than nodes, scene nodes are quite fast since they are a direct implementation of core functions, also they are automatically multi threaded where possible. So if you want to speed things up by using Python over nodes you likely shouldn't bother.

@srek So I was intrigued to try it with nodes but the first thing I try to setup, of course, doesn't work, I replaced the keyframes with a target object, it kills the memory node for some reason, it doesn't output the previous state, things like this frustrate so much 😞

I am pretty sure the setup is somehow wrong, but it shouldn't be, looking at it, it is so logical.

rot_diff_0004_target_01.c4d