Is there a way to connect the size of an object to the size of the camera ratio?

Ben Glasspool

I have a project where a hollow box is the the size of the whole screen, current in square format (1080x1080). I was wondering if there's a way to connet the box to the format of the camera.

For example, if I want to change the camera from square ratio to portrait, I would like the box to also change to make sure it still fits with the new camera ratio. 

Can nodes do this or is this more an xpression thing? 

Cheers! 

I think, at the moment it would be more a (simple) Xpresso approach. Scene Nodes a) can not directly influence legacy objects (lets ignore Capsules for a moment here) and b) I do not think, I have seen a camera object in Scene Nodes context, yet.

But I guess, seeing you are still on R20, you asked for Scene Nodes out of interest, only.

Xpresso will get you there smoothly.
If you are an Xpresso beginner, I'd start with "Set Driver"/"Set Driven" to set up the basic connection between the parameters. If I'm not mistaken, Range Mapper nodes will already be created with this approach. So you will in the end only need to adjust these range mappers.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.