Character Component Mirror Crash

Go to solution Solved by skalape,

Hi, please could you help me, I tried everything, when I building rig with this character template example, after adding second ear (R_Ear)

Cinema always crashing. It's absolutely simple example of rig, recreated by face rig template. I recreated whole face_rig, everything works

fine, just ears not. Please could you have a look on this scene and try it like character template, and try help me please? I think that problem is in mirroring components of bones. 

Thank you very much.

WOTH_CHARACTER_DAB_SOURCE_DIV_TEST03.c4d

I am not beside of my PC now, but ill take a look tom and let you know. If its constantly crashing it’s probably a bug. Would be also good that you record a short video of what you do to trigger the crash. 
Another thing you should do is to share your hardware information …

That is a bug and not much we can do to help. The best you could do is to report this to Maxon, send the video and your HW information. Unfortunately, you are not going to see this fixed in R23. It may be that its working on R25 or S24, so if you would like this to see fixed, you'll have to update your C4D version.

• Solution

Alright I found the solution. I didn't realize how I did it on symmetry components which works. Rig part with all component tags must be mirrored with mirror tool,

and not to be created separately on L/R side. On more complex parts I did it like this and on one bone components I made a separate L/R components that don't accept mirror setting in component tag.

9 minutes ago, skalape said:

Alright I found the solution. I didn't realize how I did it on symmetry components which works. Rig part with all component tags must be mirrored with mirror tool,

and not to be created separately on L/R side. On more complex parts I did it like this and on one bone components I made a separate L/R components that don't accept mirror setting in component tag.

You should still report this to Maxon, this is a legit issue... 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know for sure, but in your video you named both the right and left component the same name, "L_Ear" it looked like. And it's possible that's the issue. You in theory don't need the right side component and could just let the character object mirror and create the right ear by turning on Auto-Mirror in the component tag of your left ear component.