Nodes performance :)

Hrvoje

Hi folks

I was asked on pm to show a scene which "proves" major performance increase with scene nodes over MoGraph cloning. Here is a small setup which illustrates how capable node system is:

Rocks.png

Scene breakdown:

50000 rocks, gazillion polygons, distribution algorithm is preventing overlaps as much as possible

If you load the scene as is you will notice that navigating is practically impossible since it is very slow and unresponsive, practically not usable.

- Click in the empty space in node graph

- Change the viewport to fast shading mode

Fast.png

Now you can smoothly navigate the viewport on single mid level consumer graphics card. I would like to stress that system is not yet optimized for playback and full performance

Rocks.c4d

Another example

voxel.png

Scene Breakdown:

roughly 2,5 million voxel cubes

If you open the scene you will notice that very dense mesh is used to generate huge amount of non intersecting voxels which lead to final result. Navigation is smooth and fast. Viewport is already set to fast shading, do not change it!

This is not possible with MoGraph

voxel.c4d

Hi Hrvoje,

I'm on R21 and haven't tried R25 - but can you answer a related question on Capsules?

Back when scene nodes were introduced it was clearly stated that they were not compatible with the classic object manager - which is perfectly understandable. Capsules obviously work around that in some way. I would therefore assume that Capsules - even though they are scene node based - don't show these speed increases, as they are constrained by their integration into the classic object manager.

Can you confirm that - or offer any insight on the matter?

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community