Dear Visitors

If your confirmation email doesn't arrive, give us some time while we manually approve your account. Support ticket is not necessary, we are checking new registrations regularly and approving if registration requirements are met.

Please read Rules & Guidelines before posting around Forums. Information we seek is minimal and in the end saves us a lot of time and we are able to provide solutions faster.

Please consider supporting us via Contributions for all the work we are doing. Contributing even with the smallest amount, will remove ALL AD's and unlock some nice features like being able to be Tipped for providing help, or file etc.

Can I use C4D to stabilize a video shot ? If yes then how ?

Go to solution Solved by Cerbera,

I don't know how to use AfterEffects to stabilize video shots.
Is it possible to use the Motion Tracking system of C4D to do the job ?
If yes, is it applicable for all the following cases ?

1. Orbital shot
  2. Stationary shot
  3. Panning shot
  4. Moving shot (forward)
  • Solution

No. I can't think of any way to do that in Cinema. You need to do it in a video editor and even more ideally, in-camera if possible. The aim of Motion Tracker is only to follow existing motion as best it can in its input video and match the scene camera to whatever that movement is doing - it can't do anything to actually alter it in the source.

CBR

On 10/10/2021 at 3:00 PM, Cerbera said:

No. I can't think of any way to do that in Cinema. You need to do it in a video editor and even more ideally, in-camera if possible. The aim of Motion Tracker is only to follow existing motion as best it can in its input video and match the scene camera to whatever that movement is doing - it can't do anything to actually alter it in the source.

CBR

I think C4D R25 has a "spring" and "smooth" animation effector. Can those be used on the camera to make it less shaky ? (Yeah that will not stabilize the video but will transfer the camera less shaky to the sceen) I don't have C4D R25 so just asking ...

42 minutes ago, HappyPolygon said:

Can those be used on the camera to make it less shaky ?

Not in the way I think you are imagining. Those things are designed to smooth out or stylise keyframes in existing camera moves. Nope. This is not the way. Really needs to be done in in a video editor !

CBR

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.