Can I use C4D to stabilize a video shot ? If yes then how ?

Go to solution Solved by Cerbera,

• Solution

No. I can't think of any way to do that in Cinema. You need to do it in a video editor and even more ideally, in-camera if possible. The aim of Motion Tracker is only to follow existing motion as best it can in its input video and match the scene camera to whatever that movement is doing - it can't do anything to actually alter it in the source.

CBR

• Customer
On 10/10/2021 at 3:00 PM, Cerbera said:

No. I can't think of any way to do that in Cinema. You need to do it in a video editor and even more ideally, in-camera if possible. The aim of Motion Tracker is only to follow existing motion as best it can in its input video and match the scene camera to whatever that movement is doing - it can't do anything to actually alter it in the source.

CBR

I think C4D R25 has a "spring" and "smooth" animation effector. Can those be used on the camera to make it less shaky ? (Yeah that will not stabilize the video but will transfer the camera less shaky to the sceen) I don't have C4D R25 so just asking ...

42 minutes ago, HappyPolygon said:

Can those be used on the camera to make it less shaky ?

Not in the way I think you are imagining. Those things are designed to smooth out or stylise keyframes in existing camera moves. Nope. This is not the way. Really needs to be done in in a video editor !

CBR

Though I've not tried it, In principle I think this should be possible with the right setup, but it just wouldn't make any sense when AE and premiere have built in tools to do it practically automatically.

Davinci Resolve (free version) includes a super simple stabilization option for any clip in the properties panel in the edit room. Or for more control, Fusion offers a bunch of powerful trackers.

It's also possible in Blender.