Guest Igor

4 minutes ago, Guest Kregg said:

Is this open to everyone?

Yes...:)

1 hour ago, MJV said:

I wish I could have joined you all but got called to work. 😭

Ah, sorry to hear that. 😞

• Guest changed the title to Houdini 19 - Reveal

SideFX has never developed a C4D plugin for Houdini Engine. Their official list is 3ds max, Maya, Unreal Engine and Unity. They provide the API for other apps to roll their own. I remember there being a C4D plugin for H16, but I stopped tracking that for a while now.

On 10/17/2021 at 8:26 AM, 3D-Pangel said:

Also, how does the fluid solver compare in complexity to XP?  I did notice that there are a number of ready made presets in the menu bar but do the nodes follow an internal logical consistency whether it be smoke, liquids or grains?  Or is a different workflow required for each different type of effect?

@3D-PangelI use Houdini mostly for fluid and grain simulations (I have clients in the mining industry) and can tell you it is a lot faster to work with than X-Particles or Realflow (I have them both). The presets on the top shelf are set up to easily create a sim with one click to get you started and I do not think they are any more complex than XP especially working with viscous fluids. Each setup has a similar network workflow but my suggestion would be to download the free version and have a play for yourself...it's a lot of fun!

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community