jawset "reactions" evolution of turbulence FD ?

kmls

i check jawset site for subcribe or rent to own variant to buy but i saw a new  thing on their site. its called Reactions. looks like embergen alternative witn nodes particles and some improvoments over turbulence fd. they have beta but i think its for current customers.

i want to ask, anyone tried this? any experience about it? how it works versus turbulence fd?  for now  its looks good and intresting. 

https://www.jawset.com/pages/reactions-beta/

Interesting. Hadn't seen this before. Need to know more to respond.

I'm still amazed that I purchased TurbulenceFD over a DECADE ago and have had support/updates all these years, without ever a charged update. To be clear, I don't expect that from a dev...I want others to prosper from their work.

But.....wow.

2021-10-18_19-45-05.jpg.10b556d19f30529a478fef96957dda32.jpg

works good. not needed turbulence fd. just download and install. standalone program little bit need to learn. but in c4d works easy. this screenshot shows example explosion scene.

plugın goes with some particles. they are not TP. looks own particles.  

at this stage looks very promising. if anyone interesting just sign up and download. TFD lisence not needed.

Im in the closed beta and... it never worked here haha I was busy doing client work so didnt try it much after 1-2 failed installations. I think it must be great though as Jascha is really smart about building fast and steady plugins!

Glad to see something new from Jascha... about two years ago I saw some news on "TFD 2.0" on facebook (adaptive voxelgrid) but then it got again very quiete around it. Seeing something new are great news considering how stable and good TFD worked and still does. And even with embergen on the table, having an integrated solution is a big benefit. I know otoy plans bringing it to c4d but lets be real... if otoy wants something done in one year, expect some updates on it 2-3 years later if you are lucky...

I have nothing but praise for TFD and Jascha (if only all developers were like him...sigh) but from a feature perspective it was getting over-shadowed by XP so I started to use XP.

This brings me back to Jawset -- especially the improvements on volume shading and the ability to directly control the glows and the "crusty" nature of an explosion.  That was always the toughest part of TFD (for me at least).

Now, what I find interesting is that while particles are being used, there is no mention of fluids?  Nor could I discern any fluid "looking" icons in that screen shot of the interface.    Is fluids part of "Reactions"?

Finally, can "Reactions" work with fields?

Very happy to see this development work.  It was "hinted" about in the distant pass so eager to give it a download.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

AFAIK fluids are not yet implemented, there may well be on a road map but I think the main drive is to get Reactions fully functional..It really is a massive project in comparison to TFDv1..not an upgrade but a whole new concept. I have been very busy on non C4D stuff but i will be getting back to Reactions shortly and as soon as allowed  I will be making tutorials for the C4D world...but I have to admit is still a bit overwhelming for me. My son has just finished a degree in programming so I hope he will come on board and master RAKE so as to teach me.