Welcome to PolyMarvels | Update 10.11.2021

Guest Igor

So guys I am finally ready to share a bit more info on what I am doing behind the scenes. By now, many of you know that I have decided to go and do something on my own (I will still be here and helping around). At this point I have created my own "brand" and a channel where I will mostly try to educate people about Houdini's wonderful PolyModeling capabilities and some procedural stuff, as its hard not to do some proceduralism around it, its to tempting. 😄 On the other hand, even with PolyModeling, a lot of things can be procedural.

For now I have dedicated on my name of YT channel, and I also managed to create with help of a friend a logo which I found super awesome. It maybe don't have to much sense for what I am doing, but in the end I just wanted something motivating and cool for myself, I am not running a business anyway. Reason behind Poly is due the fact that Houdini have suffix on many modeling tools se to Poly and Marvels, well, seemed appropriate due to its raw power. 🙂

pmh_tweeter_logo.png

tweeter_banner.png

Banner is only adjusted to Twitterat the moment and its kind of Easter egg too, because that object on the left, which comes from Houdini is actually hidden behind my profile image or a logo, and it can be seen only if you click on the banner to make it bigger. :cowboypistol:

I still have to create YT thumbnail and 2 trailers for channel intro, but now that I have logo and basically colors are set, it will be much easier. 

What I am also trying to create is a whole Houdini Wiki Modelling page which I am updating daily as much as time allow, but it will be full of good info. You can check it here if you like Houdini Modelling Wiki (seems like I cant share it at the moment)

And, as I see there is more interest about Houdini, I also decided from today onward to simply record daily exercises and share it with you guys here. They are not meant to teach you much at all, but as I watch them too I get to see is there anything I could do differently or to get an idea is there anything that I am doing wrong. But, at least you can get some idea how I am doing things and how modelling can work within Houdini.

If you guys see any value in them, I might publish them as daily exercise Playlist. 

Anyway, I am glad some of you are interested into learning new things. While sometimes can be a bit hard and frustrating, I can promise you, once the walls are moved, reward is so much grater. Who ever decided to venture on this path, Ill be more than happy to help as it also helps me to stay motivated and to push myself harder. Enjoy and thanks everyone...

Cheers,
Igor

• Guest featured this topic
10 minutes ago, FLima said:

PS: I tried to click the bell icon on Youtube, to get notified when you post something new and I got this notice, hehe; 
image.png.96a56cc587df222fe3778e92e13bce40.png

I don’t understand this made for kids setting. I’ll try to change it. Thanks for the info. 

4 minutes ago, jackTheStorm said:

Why not PolyNewbies? 😄

Igor can you build fork-capsule for R25?

Hide contents

Or maxon removed you from stuff too. And you do not want to work in cinema4d

Hehe, I dont know, PolyMarvels just came to me and stick nicely. 

Regarding a fork with Scene Nodes. I wish I can do it, but Scene Nodes are not yet build to do things how you see me modelling this fork in Houdini. I hope one day it will be possible. 🙂 

I said many times, I am not going away from C4D completely, my day to day job still requires usage of Cinema 4D so I will be around and monitor Scene Nodes and how they evolve, its just they are not for me at this point. If someone could do it its Hrvoje and Shrek. 

15 hours ago, FLima said:

PS: I tried to click the bell icon on Youtube, to get notified when you post something new and I got this notice, hehe; 
image.png.96a56cc587df222fe3778e92e13bce40.png

I think this is now sorted out, can you double please? 🙂

I subscribed to your YouTube channel and activated the notifications button.  

I love the logo...it has spunk!  It also rocks a really strong Marvel's vibe (as intended) without bringing itself to the attention of the Disney IP protection police.  It flirts with it, but does not cross the line (they may have an issue with the outline of Thor's hammer, but honestly I don't think they would bother). 

Kudo's to the artist who created it!

So do we call the hero "Houdini Man"?   And is he launching lightening at the primitive or the other way around?  

Maybe he is in a battle with the primitive because it is only made up of triangles.  When Houdini Man defeats it that primitive becomes all Quad's --- at which point the Eternals (Cerbera, Vector, Contrafibulatories) appear in a blaze of glory and invite you to the alternate universe in which only quads exist.

...yeah....I could go on but that is enough for today.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

1 hour ago, Igor said:

I think this is now sorted out, can you double please? 🙂

It is weird, maybe a limitation on my side? Tried again and same notification 😞
I tried subscribing to a different channel and activated notifications and worked

@3D-Pangel I love your perception on this. I guess we could tell many different stories from the image. But you definitely have ne done ideas. Maybe in the end this becomes A story worth telling and creating. 

@FLima I have no idea what is happening, I'll have to Google. 😞

Artist who created the images is Nemanja Bubalo, you can find him on Artstaton. We have been friends for many years now. 

• Guest changed the title to Welcome to PolyMarvels | Update 10.11.2021

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community