Maxon Training Team GROWTH tutorial question

Hey guys. 

This tutorial here 

It's awesome, thanks to all the team putting in effort, definitely much needed. Question - how do I make the plants that are growing using the above mentioned MoGraph technique actually dynamic? I want them to have a little movement, reacting to the wind ever so slightly and  a little stem/leaves wiggle here and there.

So far I've tried 

1. Adding Jiggle deformer to the plants, but it just made the whole thing froze

2. Applying Rigid Body - but then realised how stupid an idea it was

3. Applying Soft body - now typing from my friends laptop, since the main PC hasn't still recovered (LOL)

Any ideas?

No, if movement is what you need then that probably isn't the best way to make this. Forget regular dynamics of any kind - WAY too many polys for that sort of thing to be practical. I would recommend hair for this sort of thing usually. You can make that dynamic and reactive to forces in just that sort of way, and use the instance generation mode of the hair in conjunction with the thickness in the material (which defines XY size of object) to instance your models. You'll probably need one hair system for each type of leaf or flower.

CBR

Hey Cerb, nice to see you mate!

Thank for the advice, I did manage to turn my plants into a hair generator, however the one issue remains unsolved - how do make hair grow according to my vertex map? In the tutorial above they used MoGraph cloner to activate the vertex map. I can't seem to find anything of that sort in Hair Object however. Scene attached

hair_grow.c4d

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community