One transparency channel for more than one Material in Cinema 4D.

Go to solution Solved by Voytech,

Hello there.
I appreciate any help i ll get in this one.

I have a bunch of materials in C4d V19 and i am working on an animation, where my object goes tranparent after a certain keyframe.
So for this transition i just put a keyframe on the transparency of the material and everything works fine.

My problem is that i have around 20 different materials for this object with different properties.

At the moment i am copying the transparency keyframe to every material.

Is there maybe a way to "combine" the materials in Cinema so that i only play with the keyframes in one transparency channel?

The answer might be in front of me and i dont see it.

(I was thinking to get the object UV Mapped and work on the texture, so that i only have one material in C4D. But unfortunately thats not an option at the moment)

Thanks a lot for every help.

Delicostas

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2021 at 1:33 PM, Voytech said:

You can use Xpresso to wire channels of one material to other materials. Animating a master will be reflected in all those that are connected.

screen3.jpg

Hello again, so i wanted to go with the Expresso solution. I am trying it, but it somehow doesn´ t work. I open an Expresso tag on a Null object, put the coloured materials there and the material with the transparency. I wire them like you did, but when i play with the master transparency, it doesn t reflect to the others as well.
Could you please walk me through it? I am sending a screenshot as well, where i am trying to get it right.