MAXON ePortfolio shutting down Nov 1st 2021

JLeaburn

• Guest featured this topic

Is ePortfolio a regional service?  I ask because the site will not accept my current Maxon logins nor recognize my email address for a password reset.  That email address has not changed for as long as I have used C4D.

So I am left to wonder if ePortfolio is restricted to certain regions and not something for US based users.

I would very much like to have an installer of R19 as that is the easiest way to get old files into the new core (eg. Load an R10 file into R19, save as R19 and then load that saved file into R25).

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

25 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Is ePortfolio a regional service?

I would very much like to have an installer of R19 as that is the easiest way to get old files into the new core (eg. Load an R10 file into R19, save as R19 and then load that saved file into R25).

Did you ever have an R19 with an installer and serial number? Then where did you get it from? This would have been distributed through that ePortfolio back in the day.

If you started out with the online-activated/authorized version, then you wouldn't have an ePortfolio account, and you won't ever get one as Maxon won't hand out any new serials now. The ePortfolio versions used to be personalized.

Okay....after going through my office, I did find my R19 installer on a back-up disc.  But I only have the temporary SN that comes with the download.  Does ePortfolio provide the permanent serial numbers as well?

Dave

2 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Does ePortfolio provide the permanent serial numbers as well?

uh... I think it did, but no guarantee, it's been a few years. (I always make a hardcopy of my serials.)

It is strange that the ePortfolio doesn't know your email even for reset, it looks as if you never had an account there? I suppose only Maxon could help you with that (if they still support ePortfolio for the remaining week...)

I have a backup of my personalised installers from those 18 / 19 / 20 versions, but out of curiosity tried to log into ePortfolio to check I wasn't mssing anything. Just like Dave, I couldn't get access - email / password not recognised. Email not recognised for password reset.  I'm in the UK and did previously have access. I have a robust password management system and haven't changed that email or password.

I've sent a support request and will see what happens.

Okay

I think I  am all set because I do have full installers and permanent SN's for R20.  I just opened up an old R13 file in R20 and it worked fine.   I then saved it in R20 and opened it up again in R23 with no issues.  I guess R20 and not R19 is when then they made the move to no longer support old file formats.

So I have a path for my old WIPs to the new versions.

Dave

I just checked the description for the 'Scene updater' tool on Maxon labs:

https://labs.maxon.net/?p=3258

- download link at the bottom of hat page if you want it.

"With Cinema 4D R20 the ability to load scenes, that got saved with Cinema 4D versions older than R12, has been removed.

The plugin described herein is supposed to help users locate such scenes and, when running in a version which still has the ability to load such scenes (e.g. R19), it can convert these to a newer file format, which can then be loaded in R20 again."

Now you made me curious. Tried to log in to ePortfolio, and it works fine (with original password and email).

------------------------

2 minutes ago, Mike A said:

I just checked the description for the 'Scene updater' tool on Maxon labs:

https://labs.maxon.net/?p=3258

- download link at the bottom of hat page if you want it.

"With Cinema 4D R20 the ability to load scenes, that got saved with Cinema 4D versions older than R12, has been removed.

The plugin described herein is supposed to help users locate such scenes and, when running in a version which still has the ability to load such scenes (e.g. R19), it can convert these to a newer file format, which can then be loaded in R20 again."

That plugin requires the R19 or somewhat earlier though, as the text says. So, it's not a replacement for the necessity of a genuine R19.