MAXON ePortfolio shutting down Nov 1st 2021

JLeaburn

6 minutes ago, deck said:

I went to download my R18 installer having logged in successfully but that was an Error 404 page. Hopefully can find my installer somewhere.

Deck

Had the same problem. I could only download R19 and R20. Even the Mac installers don't work for me.

6 hours ago, Mike A said:

I just checked the description for the 'Scene updater' tool on Maxon labs:

https://labs.maxon.net/?p=3258

- download link at the bottom of hat page if you want it.

"With Cinema 4D R20 the ability to load scenes, that got saved with Cinema 4D versions older than R12, has been removed.

The plugin described herein is supposed to help users locate such scenes and, when running in a version which still has the ability to load such scenes (e.g. R19), it can convert these to a newer file format, which can then be loaded in R20 again."

Thank you for that clarification. I just initiated a case as well.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:40 PM, deck said:

I went to download my R18 installer having logged in successfully but that was an Error 404 page. Hopefully can find my installer somewhere.

Deck

Me too. I have created a support ticket, hopefully Maxon will respond.
I also asked them to what extent the extras, upgrades, content libraries and so on, will be available for download, later. Let us say I install an older version of C4D, on a new PC. I then, of course, want to download anything extra, which used to be available, back in the day.

It is irritating that the local dealer here in Norway for years milked Cinema 4D, and siphoned money off the MSA, without bothering doing anything at all for for the product. The least they could do, was to warn me about this.
So thanks to the OP for this thread. I am glad I read it!

-Ingvar 

Ok folks, I got a good response from Maxon, they sent me a special link to download the setup for R18.

Since I have R13, R14, R15, R16, R17, R18, R19, R20, R21 and R23, all Studio versions, I spent a couple of hours installing any update available for the older versions. There was a few gigabytes to download, but now all is set.

And Maxon told me, that when I upgrade my hardware, I can just copy the entire C4D installation from Program Files, over to the new PC. And it will work.

Again, I am happy that I visited the Café yesterday, and saw this. It is always good to get things tucked away inside the house, in a secure place, now that King Winter is knocking on the door here in Norway. I have spent a fortune on Cinema 4D over the last 10 years, and I will not just let these older jewels dry out. 
-Ingvar

On 10/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, Mike A said:

I have a backup of my personalised installers from those 18 / 19 / 20 versions, but out of curiosity tried to log into ePortfolio to check I wasn't mssing anything. Just like Dave, I couldn't get access - email / password not recognised. Email not recognised for password reset.  I'm in the UK and did previously have access. I have a robust password management system and haven't changed that email or password.

I've sent a support request and will see what happens.

Have you heard back yet on your support case?  I issued mine for the same reason 3 days ago but have not heard back yet.  Usually Maxon is pretty good about returning a response within 24 hours.  

...maybe I am being blacklisted by the powers-that-be!!  😱

Dave

Maybe we're both being blacklisted - I haven't heard either : )
I did note there was a banner on the support page. Something like: we're very busy at the moment, it may take up to three days etc.

Don't you just hate those 'we really value your call... you're number 165 in the queue...'  phone messages?

Well, C4D support seems to have taken up the same approach. Another benefit of the subscription move I guess...  : ) 

Hi,

I already downloaded my installer some time ago when this came up in the other thread. But I did not save my serial number back then. So I just wanted to do this know. But ePortfolio does not seem to know my account... I already tried to reset my password but did not receive an email yet (shouldn't this be automated?). Also as a I am using Cinema less and less I am not that deept into the system, so I have to ask: Is MyMaxon different from ePortfolio? Because I am still logged into MyMaxon (and thought ePortfolio would have the same credentials) but can't find serial numbers there.... Over the last years I just used MyMaxon to release my license, but it's been some time since I needed the actual serial number...

A fair move would have been to actively contact the customer and tell them about this change to come, and maybe - ok, this is a weird thought - add some instructions. But why should Maxon do better then Insydium? Ok, rant mode off.

EDIT: Yeah, was my fault, the reset email was detected as spam. Reset worked fine now. But as others reported, download does not work at all, at least in Chrome. The links are more or less dead. And Edge sees R20 (win) as unsecure download, and gives me a 404 for R19 and R18. I also submitted a ticket.

So, a dumb question: There are only serial numbers until version 20, right? At least my portfolio does not contain one for r21, although I got a R21 license.

Does this mean that R21 (and newer) licenses will continue to be managed through MyMaxon? So MyMaxon is not shuting down and we will be able to download also R21 from there? And I will never need a serial number for R21 in the future?

This might be straight forward for anyone installing C4D on a regular basis, but it is kind of confusing for me and I would have wished for more information from Maxon.

On 10/26/2021 at 6:28 PM, Mike A said:

Maybe we're both being blacklisted - I haven't heard either : )
I did note there was a banner on the support page. Something like: we're very busy at the moment, it may take up to three days etc.

Don't you just hate those 'we really value your call... you're number 165 in the queue...'  phone messages?

Well, C4D support seems to have taken up the same approach. Another benefit of the subscription move I guess...  : ) 

Well...the right thing to do given that it appears ePortfolio is not up-to-date with its users (given how many people cannot log in) is to extend the 11/1 deadline until every last support case for a new password has been addressed.  As their Help team is backlogged, this is the only fair thing to do.

I used to always think Maxon would do the right thing for all its customers...but that confidence has been shaken as of late.

Dave