Lagging sweep on Spline Dynamics spline

Go to solution Solved by jed,

Hi there, I'm working on having a phone and a handset fall onto a table and have the cord jiggle somewhat naturally. Fortunately, I figured it out... but unfortunately I am stuck with what I've now learned is a "priority" issue. At first I noticed my spline was lagging and I found out that I can fix this by setting my Spline Dynamics tag Priority to "Generators" 499 - but the Sweep extrusion I'm doing on that spline lags behind. If I go to the next frame it briefly shows it in the wrong position (lagging) and then catches up to the correct position. I've searched as much as I can and tried a lot of things (like trying to use the Shift Priority tag, making sure my objects are ordered correctly) but I just cant get it working. I would love some help if anyone is willing! Attached is my c4d file.

phone-cord.c4d

13 hours ago, MighT said:

If you set the priority of the Spline Dynamics tag to "Expression +1" the lag seems to be fixed.

It's not a good idea to brutally mess with priority max values. Check the Help about priorities.

In your case, you actually forced the Spline Dynamics tag to be evaluated after ALL Generators (i.E. the Sweep).

Thanks so much for the reply! I tried setting Spline Dynamics tag to Expression+1 and yes the sweep now follows the spline but I'm now back to the original problem i had - the spline itself lags behind. The only way I could get that spline to not lag behind was to set it to Generators+499 (as per the file I supplied)

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community