How to remove these polygons?

Hey all!

Just a hobbyist here - 

I'm working on a mockup for a set of handlebar risers for a motorcycle and wanted to have a snake wrapping around one of the posts. The body is just a simple sweep connected to a modeled snake head. What I'm trying to figure out though is how to remove the snake body from the inside of the tube that will hold the handlebars.  I know I could adjust the width of the sweep, but I'm sure there's a way to clip the polys within that tube - I just can't find any info / tutorials. any ideas?

screenshot attached! 

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 9.24.52 AM.png

Please complete your profile so we at least know which version of the software you are using, and therefore which tools you have and which you don't !

I shall be able to answer this when you've done that !

CBR

5 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Please complete your profile so we at least know which version of the software you are using, and therefore which tools you have and which you don't !

I shall be able to answer this when you've done that !

CBR

sorry about that! I'm using R25.015

Ah excellent, so you have access to ALL the tools 🙂

My advice is as follows:

1. Select the tube, hold shift, and create a Cylinder (with caps) with the same radius as the outside of the tube at the same position.

Then drag the cylinder out from under the tube and hide it.

2. You could now go 1 of 2 ways - horrible boole, or less horrible Volume Builder ! I recommend the latter, and seeing as your snake mesh is so dense and triangulated I guess you don't care about poly density for this, so that should be fine 🙂

3. Place the snake under a volume builder / mesher setup, then add the cylinder above it, setting the mode to Subtract. Initially turn the mesher off so you can see the voxel density, and reduce the size until you are able to clearly see the shapes. You will have to give the cylinder loads of segments so it appears smooth in the VB.

4. You can add smoothing either in the volume builder with SDF smooth, or with the smoothing deformer placed between the mesher and the builder.

Now you should be able to unhide the tube, and your snake will not appear inside it all being well...

CBR

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community