Cinema4D vs Softimage XSI

Voidseeker

11 minutes ago, Hrvoje said:

errr.. Neutron? 🙂

It is visual programming language at the moment

2015 EOL vs 2021 WIP.... I'm pretty sure the comparison wouldn't be fair towards Maxon.

Sidestory, as an anecdote I do remember Noseman accepting an XSI challenge with Cinema 4D of replicating tons of bolts on SI-Community when Autodesk axed it, and that drove my curiosity into Maxon land.  I do a lot of Motion Graphics, and Mograph was incredible at the time, It also caught my attention MoText tool with the ability to edit the text, which may surprise many people this days, but ten years ago, Maya dint really cared about that, and XSI text tool wasnt very good either.

Many thanks to Noseman, If he ever visits this forum.

11 hours ago, luchifer said:

2015 EOL vs 2021 WIP.... I'm pretty sure the comparison wouldn't be fair towards Maxon.

Actually Neutron is far richer and more capable in options regarding array, geometry, distributions than ICE. Where it lacks is simulation though

On 11/11/2021 at 10:07 PM, Hrvoje said:

You probably meant "piece" so I will take a guess and presume you maybe also meant "sheet" 🙂

@jackTheStorm

What exactly are you trying to do which doesn't work for you?

i have too many bad words about SCN

But i'm trying to find how make holes by selection, started to be angry and found someone(at VK social network) solved this problem  selection_pattern_holes.c4d

My problem was how to cut one type selection(BBox) by another Modulo selection...

@jackTheStorm

Here is a simplified version of that scene. I cut down number of nodes from 23 to 12 while functionally wise it is the same. Also, I generate geometry within nodes since that is most performant. Hope it helps a bit making you more friendly towards nodes. If you hit a snag with nodes just post in nodes section, there are quite a few people on forum that will be more than happy to take a stab at it 🙂

pattern_viewport.png

pattern.png

selection_pattern_holes_0001.c4d

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community