Looking back at greatest C4d tutorials / Instructors of the Century?

Icecaveman

Would have to agree with all of the above, Noseman, Clapham, Schmit. I took all my first steps with cinema here at the cafe with both Vertex pusher and also 3d kiwi, learned so much from those two alone. Also like beef doctor / digital meat.

Whilst we are on the subject of great tutorials maybe I can ask Hrvoje if we might once again see his Character animation / C motion tutorials, I watched them once thinking I would go back and review but unfortunately I believe they had to be removed from YouTube. They were great and would be good to see again.

Deck

I'm familiar with some of these names (HelloLuxx, Vertex Pusher, fxPHD etc)  but a lot of them are new to me - found a wealth of new material to learn from!

I don't know about 'best'  but there was  https://www.youtube.com/c/eyedesyn  /  http://eyedesyn.com/tutorials/ 

Their tutorials +  GSG's  really helped me understand some of the basics I was 'missing' with Sketch & Toon.

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Actually, I missed someone - let's not forget @imashination... and all his 3D fluff tuts over the years. His lucid clarity, great explanatory skill and subtly humorous presentations always raise a smile with me and I enjoy his vids a lot.  

CBR

Yes and don’t forget Janine. 3d fluff was an essential part of my learning back in the days.

Tutorials are definitely an art form. They have to be well structured and engaging. The instructor must come across as articulate, enthusiastic,  knowledgeable, and non pretentious (a rare combination) and the pacing has to be just right... too fast and you get tired of pausing and rewinding. Too slow and you fall asleep...

I think all the above mentioned instructors are great, and totally agree with Cerbera about 3D Fluff's subtle humor and amazing teaching skills, not to mention Janine's hypnotizing accent!

3D Kiwi's tutorials were also great and allowed me to finally understand Bodypaint. I've also learned a lot with Digital Tutors, GSG, Rocket Lasso and Cineversity. And of course, I must mention Ben Watts for his amazing TurbulenceFD tutorials.

14 hours ago, deck said:

Whilst we are on the subject of great tutorials maybe I can ask Hrvoje if we might once again see his Character animation / C motion tutorials,

Ah, unfortunately those are gone and did not survive the hardware incident 🙂
. If any member has them feel free to ask them to share it...

56 minutes ago, Hrvoje said:

Ah, unfortunately those are gone and did not survive the hardware incident 🙂
. If any member has them feel free to ask them to share it...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoBjwvYhezMDBL6d-dLd_xw/videos

This chap seems to have "collected" a few of them but not all from what I can see, I dont have a YouTube download option to snaffle them back again

Deck

Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 09.19.20.png

My faves...I've decided not to rank them in order. Love them all.

-Rob Redman

-Noseman

-Toby Pitman - Divine modeling tutorials

-John Dickinson

-Sean Dove

-Aleksey Voznesenski - character work, rigging

-EJ Hassenfratz- Mostly @Lynda.com

-Simon Holmedal

-Joren Kandel

-Seften

-Casey Hupke

-Chris @Rocket Lasso

-Dave @ CG Shortcuts

-Our own beloved Matthew

-Robert Leger - favorite all-time xPresso teacher. He was the first who really got many of us started w/xPresso. You may have more luck finding his work on Vimeo.

-Simon Fiedler

-Raphael "Silverwing" Rau - a master of rendering, lighting and ultra-realism

-The hysterical guy who ran "Rate My Funeral"

-Manuel Casasola Merkle - takes you on a science ride helping you understand the underpinnings of 3d

-Hrvoje

-Digital Meat

-Yader

Michael Balchaitis - great story about him. His first tutorials were crazy bad, insanely bad, but he reached out to our community and listened to our feedback and kept getting better and better. He learned to provide high quality tutorials that are popular on YT.

And I know I'm forgetting some crazy good instructors. I apologize for my bad memory. At this point about half of these gurus have moved onto other 3d programs or other fields of endeavor. What a ride we hade for ten, fifteen years!

Finally let's give it up for Andrew Kramer at VCP. Though he was an After Effects guy he inspired so many artists in the motion design field and became an icon that attracted many to become tutors. 

The sober reality? Most great teachers don't make much money. If you got the itch...Be careful chasing the idea of creating tutorials if you think it's a path to profits! 

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community